Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 17th Jun 17, 3:20 PM
    • 383Posts
    • 99Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    MSE Credit Club // Tesco Foundation
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:20 PM
    MSE Credit Club // Tesco Foundation 17th Jun 17 at 3:20 PM
    MSE Credit Clubs shows Tesco Card as being ok for bankruptcies. Tesco Bank have told me several times that I won't get it "because [I was] bankrupt not long ago". This was almost 3 years ago.

I even appealed, and was declined.

So.... 1 - Does anyone have any experience of this card after bankruptcy. If so, how long did you wait etc

2 - Where does the following info come from, as it contradicts another site which has an X next to 'Accepts Bankruptcies' (I don't know if I'm allowed to link to said site....). Link to MSE Version: https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/eligibility/credit-cards/bad-credit

Rate: 27.5% representative APR (See Official APR Example)
    Min income: £5,000 | Card issuer: Mastercard
    Accepts defaults? Yes, provided they're 18 months old or more
    Accepts CCJs? Yes, provided they're 18 months old or more
    Accepts bankruptcies? Yes, provided it's 18 months old or more
    Minimum repayment: Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, or £25
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/2015
    Cap1 Platinum - Jul 2016, £4,000.... Consolidation game!
    Aqua Reward (0.5% Cashback) - Nov 2016 - £1,950
    Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (rare use, want high limit reported) - July 2017, £1,000
    Drafty (Reports as a credit card!) - £300
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 18th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 11,590 Posts
    • 11,164 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    Could be another reason why you were declined.

They can decline you for 1001 different things.

May i ask why you want credit again after been bankrupt ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 18th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    • 18th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    True, but seems strange that different advisers would say public record information, and ask about bankruptcy, when I only asked for "more information about the decline", without specifically mentioning bankruptcy.

I'm guessing it's that or searches - just wondering if anyone had got it after discharge. I'm assuming they won't change their mind and take me before October, so I'll probably never try and get it again after that.

As for wanting credit - because I'm older, and hopefully wiser, than I was when I previously misused credit. Going bankrupt causes so many issues in everyday life, that I'd never repeat it again.

Having good credit creates so many opportunities - I don't think people realise until it's pulled, just how valuable it can be to have good (or at least average) credit - if you use it wisely.

I need to manipulate (or 'build', whatever people want to call it!) my file before next year for a mortgage. After that, it'll be for free money from stoozing, switching & intro bonuses etc etc.
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/2015
    Cap1 Platinum - Jul 2016, £4,000.... Consolidation game!
    Aqua Reward (0.5% Cashback) - Nov 2016 - £1,950
    Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (rare use, want high limit reported) - July 2017, £1,000
    Drafty (Reports as a credit card!) - £300
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 18th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    • 11,590 Posts
    • 11,164 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 18th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    I wish you luck with it then !!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,454Users online

Martin's Twitter