Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Karmo
    • By Karmo 17th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Karmo
    0 WOW
    HiFx and Transferwise Recommended ?
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:10 PM
    0 WOW
    HiFx and Transferwise Recommended ? 17th Jun 17 at 1:10 PM
    HiFx and Transferwise currency transfer online .Are these companies safe to use .? According to their rates I stand to gain over 1000 pounds compared to using a high street bank . Aside from the saving I hate giving my money to the banks like TSB , Lloyds , Barclays etc . However as I am transferring enough to buy a small house was wondering how I can be sure of their reliability .
    Thank
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 17th Jun 17, 9:29 PM
    • 2,679 Posts
    • 1,793 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:29 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:29 PM
    I've used Transferwise more than a dozen times in the past without issues. They seem like a major and well-established company so I would think the risk of using them is minimal.
    • Mayday
    • By Mayday 19th Jun 17, 11:43 AM
    • 548 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    Mayday
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:43 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:43 AM
    We have used TransferWise for the last few years to send money to family in Australia & Canada with no problem - and to pay for a holiday in France!
    • J B
    • By J B 20th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 2,275 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    J B
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    We always use https://www.currencyfair.com/

Good rates and a fixed €/£3 fee, which is good for large exchanges.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

16Posts Today

3,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin