Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 7777777 17th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 3Thanks
    problem with court costs
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:45 PM
    problem with court costs 17th Jun 17 at 12:45 PM
    A few months ago i used MCOL to recover under a £100 which was owed to me by a customer,,, after i issued and paid £25 to cover the court cost ,, the customer paid by BAC ,,,,, but did not pay the £25 court,, the customer did not reply to the court so i won by default,,,, when i go on line to MCOL it will not let me do any thing as the amount owed is less then £50 and it will cost about £75 to move on,,,,,, i now take it that i have no chance of the £25 so how do i make sure that a CCJ is issued to the company ,,, there seems no way to tell the court i have not been fully paid
Page 1
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    MCOL is handled through Northampton County Court, you will find their contact details in this link

https://www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/northampton-county-court-business-centre
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 17th Jun 17, 3:30 PM
    • 11,282 Posts
    • 8,497 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:30 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:30 PM
    You don't make sure the CCJ is issued btw.

You win at court, thats the CCJ (County Court Judgement). If not settled within the required time (usually about a month), then its registered against them. If they settle within that time, the CCJ isn't registered against them. Its specifically designed that way so people aren't unfairly penalised just for the dispute ending up in court.

Also, did you comply with pre-action protocol giving them at least 14 days to respond before filing (and make them aware that failure to try and resolve the dispute within that time would result in additional fees/expenses being claimed)? If not, then personally I'd reconsider whether its worth risking any further outlay on the recovery of the £25 given it could backfire.
    Last edited by unholyangel; 17-06-2017 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Autocorrect mistake
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • By 7777777 18th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:16 PM
    thanks unholy i followed a C A B befour issuing the LBC im happy to wright off the £25 as im happy a CCJ as been issued,,,,,,,how ever thats a major flaw for the court as ,,, if you dont pay the court fee very few will take it any further
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

292Posts Today

2,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin