Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • agowinuk
    • By agowinuk 17th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    agowinuk
    Return or Collect
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:31 PM
    Return or Collect 17th Jun 17 at 12:31 PM
    Hi

I bought a dust extractor from Amazon last week on next day delivery (through Prime). It was faulty so I tried to return it using the iPhone app, but was told that only £4.95 could be reclaimed for my shipping expenses.

I Spoke with their call centre last Friday and arranged for them to come and collect it yesterday (the following Friday), they told me the courier would email me with a collection time. This collection didn't happen, so I called them yesterday and now they are saying that they will not pickup. The item is 30kg and, having bought the item again as replacement, I don't want to fork out the extra for something that I think they should do. I have paid out £300 already and can't get £150 of that back until they receive the item.

My question is, who's responsible for getting the item back to them, is it mine or theirs? I'm sure that the onus used to be on the retailer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 17th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    Hi

I bought a dust extractor from Amazon last week on next day delivery (through Prime). It was faulty so I tried to return it using the iPhone app, but was told that only £4.95 could be reclaimed for my shipping expenses.

I Spoke with their call centre last Friday and arranged for them to come and collect it yesterday (the following Friday), they told me the courier would email me with a collection time. This collection didn't happen, so I called them yesterday and now they are saying that they will not pickup. The item is 30kg and, having bought the item again as replacement, I don't want to fork out the extra for something that I think they should do. I have paid out £300 already and can't get £150 of that back until they receive the item.

My question is, who's responsible for getting the item back to them, is it mine or theirs? I'm sure that the onus used to be on the retailer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andy
    Originally posted by agowinuk
    If the goods are faulty, then the seller must cover the cost of the return and you are entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,388Users online

Martin's Twitter