Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forever.insane
    • By forever.insane 17th Jun 17, 12:19 PM
    • 599Posts
    • 447Thanks
    forever.insane
    How to clean balcony?
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:19 PM
    How to clean balcony? 17th Jun 17 at 12:19 PM
    Hello,

I have this balcony which is very grubby and my 16 month old has decided she would like to play on it.

I've hovered off all the dangerous and loose bits that the seagulls have decided to dump up here but I'm unsure how to clean the grub/dirt.

Should I use bleach and water or could this damage the tiles/cause discolouration? The property is rented.

Just a normal floor cleaner? I don't know.

Thank you.

Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 17th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,677 Posts
    • 2,015 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    How big is it? Could you get an off-cut of lino, say, that you could put down when your daughter wants to play out?

That's after a good scrub and rinse with a bleach based cleaner to get rid of the mould.
    • forever.insane
    • By forever.insane 17th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 599 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    forever.insane
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    Thank you. I've bought some bleach so I'll see how that does.
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
    • Geoff1963
    • By Geoff1963 17th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Geoff1963
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    Instead of just laying it flat, the off-cut of lino could be big enough to fold up the sides and corners to make a box.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

3,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin