Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rushie83
    • By Rushie83 17th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Rushie83
    Wright hassall letter of claim
    • 17th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    Wright hassall letter of claim 17th Jun 17 at 10:32 AM
    Firstly please accept my apologies for starting a new thread when I can see there is lots of advice out there. However because there is such much advice it's really difficult and confusing to determine what's right me in this circumstance.

Letters received from ncp and zzps have been ignored. I've now got a letter from Wright hassall stating it's a letter of claim on the 1st page and then advising it's a letter before claim in the last para.
    I'm not sure what to do, do I ignore or do you guys have a template to respond back to Wright hassall?

Appreciate your time and advice.
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 6,673 Posts
    • 5,653 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:24 PM
    Why not write to them to ask them?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    • 5,512 Posts
    • 7,091 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:00 PM
    Firstly please accept my apologies for starting a new thread when I can see there is lots of advice out there. However because there is such much advice it's really difficult and confusing to determine what's right me in this circumstance.

Letters received from ncp and zzps have been ignored. I've now got a letter from Wright hassall stating it's a letter of claim on the 1st page and then advising it's a letter before claim in the last para.
    I'm not sure what to do, do I ignore or do you guys have a template to respond back to Wright hassall?

Appreciate your time and advice.
    Originally posted by Rushie83
    On the WH letter, who does it say to pay ????
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Rushie83
    • By Rushie83 17th Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rushie83
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    Just says to phone then I.e Wright hassall.
    It is signed by a Tim Hawker.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Jun 17, 2:56 PM
    • 39,671 Posts
    • 79,378 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:56 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:56 PM
    I believe they are acting as debt collectors. It would say they are acting for NCP somewhere if it was a real LBC.

You should not have ignored the initial NTK from NCP, unless the keeper lives in Scotland or NI. That advice has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

When and where did the alleged event occur. Retail, residential, airport, station, country?
    Date of alleged event and date the NTK arrived on the keeper's doormat?
    You haven't given us a lot to go on.

Just to reassure us, you won't be 'phoning anyone will you?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Rushie83
    • By Rushie83 17th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rushie83
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:24 PM
    Vehicle was parked in restricted bay on 05/01/17 at an ncp train station car park. Driver paid the appropriate parking fare of £12 day charge.
    Vehicle had a windscreen ticket requesting £50 if paid within 14 days otherwise £100.
    Ncp have then written on 10/02/17 and again on 15/03/17 requesting £100
    Zzps have written 21/04/17 requesting £160
    Wright hassall have written 12/06/17 requesting £196.

No I don't intend to phone anyone just wondering what to write and who to, not very good with the legal element of it.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 39,671 Posts
    • 79,378 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    Chances are then that byelaws apply so NCP are stuffed. They cannot take anyone o court for a byelaws offence and they know it, so they have used a debt collector that "borrows" solicitor's headed note paper to add scariness.

Generally, if byelaws apply only the vehicle owner can be held liable, only for trespass, and only by the landholder, (Network Rail or the Train Operating Company) and only in a magistrate's court. It will become statute barred after 6 months if the landholder doesn't start magistrates court proceedings. for trespass in that time. NCP will get nothing if that happens.
    The owner, the driver, and the keeper are three different people as far as the law is concerned.

You could write to NCP telling them that since byelaws apply, the car park is non relevant land and the POFA 2012 does not apply. Consequently the keeper cannot be held liable. They have no prospect of success in court and should cease and desist now.

Look for other NCP byelaw threads by searching this forum, and also in the NEWBIES.

However you need first to check that byelaws apply.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 17-06-2017 at 4:05 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 14,741 Posts
    • 18,527 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:17 PM
    as bylaws apply then after 6 months the TOC cannot take you to magistrates court

NCP could try an MCOL within 6 years but as bylaws apply then that would be part of any defence (ie:- not appropriate)

and if the driver or owner have not been identified then a keeper is not liable on railway land , because POFA2012 does not apply

chances are its a debt collector letter on WH notepaper, in which case

IGNORE
    Last edited by Redx; 17-06-2017 at 4:55 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Rushie83
    • By Rushie83 17th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rushie83
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:47 PM
    The WH letter does state it is from Tim hawker - head of debt recovery operations.
    has anyone had any success just ignoring these letters?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 14,741 Posts
    • 18,527 Thanks
    Redx
    The WH letter does state it is from Tim hawker - head of debt recovery operations.

has anyone had any success just ignoring these letters?
    until 6 years have elapsed , nobody can answer that question

it is what it is , plus a lot has changed in the last 6 years

check the BMPA zendesk to see the chances of a court case being issued by any ppc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 17th Jun 17, 5:29 PM
    • 2,218 Posts
    • 3,303 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Probably trying one last go with only a month before it times out.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jun 17, 9:59 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,575 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You would know how to reply - if at all - to that letter just by searching the forum for 'Hawker' or 'Wright Hassall'.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,037Posts Today

6,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin