Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    • 6,957Posts
    • 12,713Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Accuweather - 90 day forecast
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    Accuweather - 90 day forecast 17th Jun 17 at 7:59 AM
    Has anyone here made a note of the weather predicted by Accweather for long term forecasts? It has the weather for 90 days - which 90 days time from today is 14th Sept. So far, the guess is 19c and cloudy with sunny periods.

I wonder how accurate it really is.
Page 1
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 17th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    It's completely made up as no-one can tell what the weather will likely be beyond around 10 days and certainly not in detail.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th Jun 17, 11:36 AM
    • 31,533 Posts
    • 37,231 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:36 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:36 AM
    its a good average "guess" looking at last year

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2016/september

England diary of highlights

September began changeable with a west to south-westerly airstream. It generally turned warmer and more settled as the first half progressed, though with a wet interruption on the 8th-10th, with some unusually warm nights. A heatwave later in the second week saw the highest temperatures in September since 1911, with 34.4 °C at Gravesend (Kent). The second half was generally unsettled but temperatures remained mostly above average.
    The mean temperature for September was 2.2 °C above the 1981-2010 long-term average, making it the third warmest September in the series (after 1949 and 2006). The positive anomaly was generally a little larger by night than by day. Rainfall was 90% of average, and it was a dry month in counties bordering the North Sea, except Lincolnshire and East Anglia, but wet in many western areas. Sunshine was 99% of average, and it was sunnier than average in East Anglia and north-east England, but it was a cloudy month in most western districts.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 17th Jun 17, 1:32 PM
    • 12,542 Posts
    • 16,741 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:32 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:32 PM
    I'm surprised there hasn't been any "It's too hot" whinging threads started yet.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 49,605 Posts
    • 135,738 Thanks
    colinw
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:08 PM
    It is rare they get it accurate about 3 days ahead, surely the weather system is just to complicated to work that far ahead.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 17th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    • 14,934 Posts
    • 60,473 Thanks
    Judi
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:13 PM
    No its not accurate. I used Accuweather in April ago to select the best week for us to go away. Granted i was looking 4 weeks in advance but i chose the week that was supposedly going to be sunny all week.

It rained for 2 days out of the 5
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 18th Jun 17, 7:17 AM
    • 3,156 Posts
    • 6,538 Thanks
    Murphybear
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:17 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 7:17 AM
    From the Met Office website:

"Predicting how the weather will behave over the coming hours, days, weeks and months is a complex undertaking. Each timescale presents its own challenges. In an ideal world, everyone would like to know exactly what the weather will do so we can make definite plans. Nature, however, doesn't work like that. When looking at forecasts beyond five days into the future the chaotic nature of the atmosphere starts to come into play"

The Met Office is very good at telling us what the weather is like in the Exeter area, they just stick their heads out of the window.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,964Posts Today

9,398Users online

Martin's Twitter