Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 17th Jun 17, 4:31 AM
    • 1,091Posts
    • 14,405Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017
    • 17th Jun 17, 4:31 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017 17th Jun 17 at 4:31 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Quick wave before I get on a plane for London. My parents wedding anniversary and we are haveing a family get together.

Thank you all for the good wishes. This weekend I am just going to try and forget all the nastiness and enjoy family. The weather is supposed to be lovely.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. I may or may not be popping in.
    Last edited by FurryBeastOz; 17-06-2017 at 4:34 AM.
    *** Debt Free***
    NST October 1/18
    Goals - Weight loss 0/13lb from 1st Jul 17
    GC To 1/10/17 £2416.17£3,500, 69.03/74.79% of the year. Had to raise budget
Page 2
    • Gers
    • By Gers 17th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 5,825 Posts
    • 34,177 Thanks
    Gers
    No rain! No sun either but that I can live with. It's fairly warm with very little breeze.

I did some online banking this morning and then ordered a load of seeds for the garden. Then I decided to stick two of the white rugs in the washing machine so they are hanging outside, don't think they'll dry today but at least they'll get some air.

DM reported that the scaffolders, true to their word, arrived first thing to take down the steels. Her neighbour popped round with a bunch of flowers for me as a thank you -she'd been trying for a week to get it all taken down. Turns out that the scaffolders were waiting to hear from the window replacement company that the work had been completed. Anyway, all's well there.

I had to call on a neighbour to help me get a starling out of my woodburner this morning. Second time it's happened. I thought it was just debris falling down until I saw it sitting in the box looking at me! As she opened the door it flew out into the living room so we chased it out the front door as I stood guard at the bottom of the stairs.

The remainder of this afternoon I'll spend on mundane pottering around type jobs as I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow morning. Got to help DM choose a new loo.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 17th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 36,881 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Afternoon all

Nelskiit's not fair is it, my ex MIL was like that, but the funniest time was when she was staying with us for a few weeks, she always complained that my food was tasteless and one time she came into the living room complaining about the flapjacks I'd made, they were awful and I obviously hadn't added and syrup or sugar.
    I was a bit confused as I hadn't made any flapjacks, turns out she'd been eating the treats I bought for the rabbit! oh boy did that make me laugh.
    I
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 17th Jun 17, 5:52 PM
    • 5,825 Posts
    • 34,177 Thanks
    Gers
    Hester - listened to this and thought of you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08tbffw

Saturday Live from Foxton Locks Canal Festival.
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 17th Jun 17, 8:02 PM
    • 3,503 Posts
    • 40,483 Thanks
    camelot1001
    What a lovely programme Gers, I don't usually listen to the radio on Saturday mornings but will start now.

Went to the big blue and yellow shed with DD this afternoon, she wanted some storage jars. I bought some oven gloves and hooks for the back of the bathroom door.

I've had a bit of a saga with a table I ordered from made.com. Placed the order on 18 January and was told it would be approx 14 weeks, nearer the time I asked when I was likely to have the table delivered and was told June 26. This has now changed to 30 October so enough is enough. Went to N£xt and ordered a table and benches, will cancel the other one although I'm a bit sad as I liked the look of the original one.

The weather has been really warm but not really any sunshine. It hit 26 degrees and was really lovely.
    • elona
    • By elona 17th Jun 17, 9:13 PM
    • 11,194 Posts
    • 59,320 Thanks
    elona
    camelot

I ordered a fancy bedroom chair and had to wait about 14 weeks from the same site. It was in a sale which helped mitigate things a bit.

Have just had a nice wardrobe delivered and installed in the upstairs bedroom so very pleased. Things are coming together at last.

Still a lot of clearing up needed but just too hot right now. Found someone to give me a hand cleaning up and she will come round on Thursday afternoon. Feel a bit guilty but my eyesight means I clean up and leave smears without knowing it and my dds have eyes like a hawk!! It works out a lot cheaper to have one "real person" than to get a well known company and the money goes direct to the person. Youngest was heard to remark sniffily that M***y M***s did not clean better than she did To be fair she is painstaking and very thorough. She does not get it from me

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,681Posts Today

8,513Users online

Martin's Twitter