Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TrickyWicky
    • By TrickyWicky 17th Jun 17, 12:07 AM
    • 3,862Posts
    • 3,225Thanks
    TrickyWicky
    Luck of the irish..
    • 17th Jun 17, 12:07 AM
    Luck of the irish.. 17th Jun 17 at 12:07 AM
    Silly woman..

She bought something from me at 3am 2 days ago clearly believing that despite saying "UK buyers only" that she could still order from ireland and waste my time - despite having a UK postal address that I would have willingly sent to (one of those forwarding at customer cost companies).

So today i send an invoice with a note saying when are you sending payment and let me know if you need more time etc... i get a reply back telling me to cancel the order the description has changed since she ordered saying she can't have it because she's in ireland.

Translation: I was blind drunk, thought it was a good idea to order a replacement at 3am, spent all my money on booze and fags, didn't bother to read your terms and figured i'd probably get a freebie

Think I might have to raise the price a bit and remove the best offer so i don't get anymore time wasters..

I only have another 6 boxes of similar stuff to shift....
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 7:46 AM
    • 10,738 Posts
    • 7,197 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:46 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:46 AM
    I am not entirely sure of your problem.

Have you set your listings to UK buyers only - a bit of text in the listing does not suffice - you need to exclude other buyers with the correct settings.

If the buyer provided a UK address, why would you not send it?
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 17th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    Depends if the buyer is from Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland as Northern Ireland is part of the UK
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 17th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    If the buyer provided a UK address, why would you not send it?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    depends if that UK address is the one they have in Paypal, if it is then the seller would have full protection, even if its a forwarding agent
    • TKPeters
    • By TKPeters 17th Jun 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 1,016 Thanks
    TKPeters
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:44 AM
    We send loads to Parcel Motel in NI, even though we offer postage to EIRE, I guess it costs less than the £10 difference we charge.

Never understood why people restrict their sales to UK Only, unless they're items that cannot be sent overseas.
    If you cannot be bothered with the postage options, just offer eBay GSP

• theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 9:44 AM
    • 10,738 Posts
    • 7,197 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    depends if that UK address is the one they have in Paypal, if it is then the seller would have full protection, even if its a forwarding agent
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    Which is why I asked what I did.

People seem to be confusing "the address you have in Paypal". There is no address "in" Paypal. The buyer can use an address they have stored in Paypal or any address they chose. As long as they do it whilst paying, that is the address that Paypal will give protection to.
    • cattie
    • By cattie 17th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 7,730 Posts
    • 5,250 Thanks
    cattie
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:37 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:37 PM

Translation: I was blind drunk, thought it was a good idea to order a replacement at 3am, spent all my money on booze and fags, didn't bother to read your terms and figured i'd probably get a freebie

Think I might have to raise the price a bit and remove the best offer so i don't get anymore time wasters..

I only have another 6 boxes of similar stuff to shift....
    Originally posted by TrickyWicky
    That's a rather nasty & presumptuous statement to make about somebody whom you know absolutely nothing about. This could have been a shift worker, such a nurse & for you to infer they spend all of their money on booze & fags says quite a lot about how uncharitable your thinking is.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,318Posts Today

11,046Users online

Martin's Twitter