Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tabithabooboo
    • By Tabithabooboo 16th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 139Thanks
    Tabithabooboo
    Skincare recommendations needed
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    Skincare recommendations needed 16th Jun 17 at 10:31 PM
    Hi
    I am looking for some recommendations for good value facial sunscreen/tinted moisturiser spf 30. I have quite sensitive skin so need a high spf. Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 17th Jun 17, 3:35 AM
    • 12,122 Posts
    • 11,475 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:35 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:35 AM
    There are two that I've not found to annoy my skin (my skin is very fickle and doesn't like most of what I try to use on it). One is the Ultra Sun range, the other is La Roche Posay (Boots sell this), both have a few different SPF offerings, but I tend to use SPF 30 or 50. And both have tinted types.

I also know Boots No.7 has tinted SPF creams and they are known to have good 5 star products (5 star meaning the products offer the best in terms of protection- this is not the same as the coverage/spf level but means the protection is of a good standard and quality). But for me, I don't like the way they sit on my skin and don't sink in well so end up getting rubbed off as a result (despite being dry my skin doesn't absorb things well!-I don't get this either!!) But may be worth a try to see if it works for you?

A few more brands worth a look (not tried myself but have good feedback/reviews) are Clarins, Boots Soltaire, Superdrug's own brand range (think it's called Soleil?), Elemis, Vichy (good for sensitive skin apparently- I've not used it but not heard anyone speak badly of it).

There are no doubt more, but that's maybe a list to keep you busy if it is any help at all.
    • Tabithabooboo
    • By Tabithabooboo 17th Jun 17, 7:54 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Tabithabooboo
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:54 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:54 AM
    Thanks jenniewb!! I'll be checking some of these out
    • asajj
    • By asajj 17th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 4,059 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    asajj
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    The Body Shop has a highly recommended SPF (facial) cream. Might be one to look at too.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

9,128Users online

Martin's Twitter