Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • carol1869
    • By carol1869 16th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    carol1869
    Another ccj help required
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    Another ccj help required 16th Jun 17 at 9:04 PM
    Hi just joined need a little help with ccj Ive separated from my ex wife 5 years ago and out of my own spite and the depression and being sectioned under mental health act i ignored almost all the debt letters as it made me ill looking at anything to do with her and one of debt letter from lowell never stated who it was for and as i had no details of what the debt was as we separated via non molestation order which is another long story so i carried on ignoring it but paid in full all the others.
    Any way sometime this April just gone they applied for ccj against me which they got for £299. i generally didn't get the court papers last contact i had was in march and again this week for not paying the court ccj so i checked my credit rating and i have ccj which put on my credit record in April. So today i phoned lowell and found out it was for her car insurance and i paid the debt in full . So what i guess im asking is there anyway i can get the ccj removed as im desperate to move within the year and will need good credit rating for the letting agents. Only reason i can think off for not receiving the letters is that i live at 87a and the shop below me is 87 but as i live in a converted flat the entrance and front door is facing another road so im wondering if the letters went to the shop downstairs any help would be great
    regard
    Dan
Page 1
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 16th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    sheff6107
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:56 PM
    You paid it so it will be marked on your file as 'satisfied' (or should be - check your record updates in a few weeks).

There's nothing more you can do. You could have applied to have it set aside otherwise, but it's too late now sorry.
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 17th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    • 791 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 17th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 8:30 AM
    Were the letters addressed to 87 or 87a. If correctly addressed, nothing could have been done. These CCJ letters are sent by the county court using normal post. A lazy postman who cannot tell the difference isn't much of a defence.

The CCJ is satisfied and will be marked as such. Many letting agents will be fine as it has been satisfied, its more outstanding ones that aren't been paid they have a problem with. CCJ's are getting fairly common now

The figures come from the Registry Trust, which puts them together for the Department of Justice. According to them, there were 298,901 debt judgements registered against consumers in England and Wales in the first three months of this year. This is the highest number for a single quarter in ten years.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/markets/record-number-of-ccjs-in-the-first-quarter-of-this-year-1-8558055
    by Yorkshire Post, 23rd May 2017
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 17th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 10,930 Posts
    • 10,590 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    Echo what the others say, now its paid, it will stay on your file for 6 years, however a satisfied CCJ looks better than an outstanding one.

Lots of people rent with CCJ`s, Landlords have the option of two types of credit check, the least invasive is a landlord check, but they can upgrade to a full check at further cost.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin