Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 16th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    • 403Posts
    • 302Thanks
    merrydance
    Strange people
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:46 PM
    Strange people 16th Jun 17 at 8:46 PM
    Sold an item on ebay - collection only. Heard nothing from buyer for over a week so contacted them asking when they were picking said item up. They claimed they never bid on it as they do not drive! They actually did pay for it through pay pal. What do I do now?
Page 1
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 16th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:18 PM
    open a case http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html. the buyer will get a strike and you will be allowed to relist the item
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 16th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    • 826 Posts
    • 896 Thanks
    treboeth
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:38 PM
    It`s been paid for, says so in the OP.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    • 58,965 Posts
    • 41,770 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    Sold an item on ebay - collection only. Heard nothing from buyer for over a week so contacted them asking when they were picking said item up. They claimed they never bid on it as they do not drive! They actually did pay for it through pay pal. What do I do now?
    Originally posted by merrydance
    Realistically all you can do is ask them to conform via ebay messages that they want to cancel the sale, then cancel using the option 'buyer requested' and refund them. If you keep the money they only need to open an INR to get it back, and if they do collect they can still claim INR and get their money back.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 17th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    merrydance
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:18 PM
    Messaged her again, she insists she has not bid on this, or paid me anything, but I've checked it over again and again and she has!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    • 10,699 Posts
    • 7,160 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:20 PM
    Messaged her again, she insists she has not bid on this, or paid me anything, but I've checked it over again and again and she has!
    If you refund you are likely to get a defect as the buyer hasn't asked to cancel. If it were me, I would keep hold of the funds until the buyer (whoever they are) claims INR. Then you can refund it without issue.
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 17th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    merrydance
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    She insists that she has not bid on this item or paid me anything, but I've checked over and over and she has through paypal. I think she didn't realise it was "Collection Only". As I live down South and she lives up North, it's a long way to come. Why she doesn't just say this, and I will refund her and list again, I've no idea!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 10,699 Posts
    • 7,160 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 1:28 PM
    She insists that she has not bid on this item or paid me anything, but I've checked over and over and she has through paypal. I think she didn't realise it was "Collection Only". As I live down South and she lives up North, it's a long way to come. Why she doesn't just say this, and I will refund her and list again, I've no idea!
    She will realise when she sees her bank/card statement.

Send her a screenshot of the transaction. Or ignore her until she files a claim. You've tried. I wouldn't be wasting too much time on it, just don't spend the funds.
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 17th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 1,384 Posts
    • 1,186 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 2:16 PM
    She probably wants you to cancel it in order for her to stay in the clear rather than admit the mistake.

As above. Leave it and wait for her to claim back. Just dont spend the money.

Was it a high value item?
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 17th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    merrydance
    No it was only £5 - just don't understand why she paid it.
    • merrydance
    • By merrydance 19th Jun 17, 7:39 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    merrydance
    Just received an email, well she has now decided she did bid and win, and pay. I will cancel and refund her. "People are strange"
    Last edited by merrydance; 19-06-2017 at 7:42 PM.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 20th Jun 17, 6:11 AM
    • 2,694 Posts
    • 3,167 Thanks
    tealady
    Shopping whilst pi55ed possibly.
    Been there,done that, got the unused rubbish to prove it.
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

318Posts Today

3,054Users online

Martin's Twitter