Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lollobrigida
    • By Lollobrigida 16th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Lollobrigida
    Street cleaner job?
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    Street cleaner job? 16th Jun 17 at 8:00 PM
    As a street cleaner, what the job entails? Are we given a uniform and do we have to take it home dirty or we take it off in the council premises and change/shower there? How do we clean the uniforms? Are we given masks, gloves, etc? And anyone knows what are the duties in short? Thanks!
Page 1
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 16th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 1,012 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:22 PM
    the job entails cleaning the street, the duties are cleaning the streets.

its not as dirty a job as you think, we've come a long way since the dark ages.

have fun, i respect street cleaners a great deal.
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 16th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 3,334 Posts
    • 5,522 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    Sorry, but if you are aren't capable of working out how to ask some basic questions like "what does the job description mean?", then you probably aren't suitable. It's a street cleaner. What do you think cleaning streets involves?
    • Lollobrigida
    • By Lollobrigida 15th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Lollobrigida
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:47 PM
    the job entails cleaning the street, the duties are cleaning the streets.

its not as dirty a job as you think, we've come a long way since the dark ages.

have fun, i respect street cleaners a great deal.
    Originally posted by xapprenticex
    Well, having experienced it now, it is a very dirty job and more importantly the people who do it have zero hygiene sense!
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 15th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 1,012 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 9:49 PM
    Bet it pays well though? Keeping Britain tidy is a noble cause.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 16th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    • 3,782 Posts
    • 4,103 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 10:50 AM
    In my world this job wouldn't exist.

And there would be a few people (ex-litterbugs) walking around without the odd limb.
    • john22
    • By john22 16th Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    john22
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:38 AM
    • 16th Jul 17, 11:38 AM

And there would be a few people (ex-litterbugs) walking around without the odd limb.
    Originally posted by robatwork
    authoritarian
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 17th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 3,782 Posts
    • 4,103 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:58 PM
    authoritarian
    Originally posted by john22
    You're going to have to (at the risk of going wildly off topic) expand a little. Are you saying it's OK to litter?
    • z1a
    • By z1a 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    z1a
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 6:11 PM
    You're going to have to (at the risk of going wildly off topic) expand a little. Are you saying it's OK to litter?
    I think he's stating the opposite, hence "limbless".
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 18th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 2,429 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I'm guessing here that you share the uniform (jackets etc) with the looks of it? If so ask if you can take it home on a weekend to wash it as they probably would. They might wash it less often, depends on their rules
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 12 stone then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs 8lb lost 69lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    Help others by &say hello to at least 1 person a day
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 18th Jul 17, 1:43 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 2,473 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    I would think he's saying it's not OK to cut people's arms off for littering.

If I think that executing people for parking across the lines in a car park is a bit much, it doesn't follow that I think it's OK to park across the lines.
    • Rosemary7391
    • By Rosemary7391 18th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 1,751 Posts
    • 3,041 Thanks
    Rosemary7391

I'm pretty sure street cleaners also sweep up leaves etc. I quite like trees!
    Me escondo detras de mi lengua... tengo miedo de que me entiendas... pero me gustara que me entendases ¡Ayudame!
    • john22
    • By john22 19th Jul 17, 4:15 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    john22
    I'm saying its NOT ok to cut peoples limbs off for littering. The fact you can not see that makes me wonder why you live in a western civilised country.

By the way I think you went off the planet with topic change. The OP asked what the job requires and your input was cut peoples limbs off lol
    Last edited by john22; 19-07-2017 at 4:20 AM.
    • ReadingTim
    • By ReadingTim 19th Jul 17, 11:22 AM
    • 1,680 Posts
    • 2,436 Thanks
    ReadingTim

In your world there wouldn't be trees, bushes, plants and flowers and other things which many people find pleasant. And who's gong to empty the bins that everyone's so carefully placed their litter in?

I think you've been walking around without your brain.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 22nd Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3,782 Posts
    • 4,103 Thanks
    robatwork
    In your world there wouldn't be trees, bushes, plants and flowers and other things which many people find pleasant. And who's gong to empty the bins that everyone's so carefully placed their litter in?

I think you've been walking around without your brain.
    Originally posted by ReadingTim
    Where on earth do you draw that conclusion from? My potential draconian treatment of people who lazily spoil our environment leads you to believe I don't want trees and flowers and beauty?

Please take me through your thought process, I'm fascinated about your lack of cogent reasoning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,444Posts Today

8,523Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin