Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mistygrove
    • By Mistygrove 16th Jun 17, 7:47 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 20Thanks
    Mistygrove
    OR Paperwork
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:47 PM
    OR Paperwork 16th Jun 17 at 7:47 PM
    Had an initial interview. Or said paperwork is coming to me and I will sign and return.
    What is it ? What will I be signing ?
    I'm a worrier and just want to know EXACTLY what it is. He said he sent it Tuesday. Still not here.
Page 1
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 16th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:30 PM
    Only paperwork I had was along the lines of Data Protection Act to allow them to contact creditors and request information and a couple of other things to sign to do with accepting the restrictions of the bankruptcy etc. On one of the forms I had to get a witness to countersign it too however I don't think it needs to be a person of authority as such.

All standard practice basically and nothing to worry about
    • Julesc
    • By Julesc 17th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Julesc
    • 17th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    • 17th Jun 17, 8:55 AM
    Morning Mistygrove,
    I received my paperwork yesterday, as peterkay369 says above it's all generic paperwork allowing them to contact creditors, HMRC etc. xx
    • Mistygrove
    • By Mistygrove 19th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Mistygrove
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    Received my paperwork. There's a list of stuff I have to send (which I haven't got it all at minute)
    Did you guys have to send all this ??

Bank statements
    Benefit paperwork
    Rent paperwork
    Credit card statements
    Default letters
    Loan agreements
    Payslips x 3
    Cheque book
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 19th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    Send as much as you have, the OR will obtain many of it from your creditors/bank etc anyway so I don't expect it will be too much of an issue if you don't have it.

Personally I didn't have the majority (went through a stage of denial and burnt everything thinking somehow it would make it go away) yet my OR hasn't raised it as an issue.

Hope this helps
    • Violet1881
    • By Violet1881 19th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Violet1881
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    Hi

I sent what I had, 3 months worth of bank statements and the latest letters I had from creditors. I didn't hear back about anything else.
    Been around the world and I I I ..... changed my username
    • Mistygrove
    • By Mistygrove 20th Jun 17, 4:44 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Mistygrove
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:44 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:44 AM
    Thanks folks
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 20th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    • 1,437 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 20th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 7:40 AM
    I was asked for 2 years bank statements, 1 year credit card statements, tenancy aggreement....I had already a basic account so no check book, yours is normal, no need to worry
    • Julesc
    • By Julesc 20th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Julesc
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    They've not requested any paperwork from me. Did this request come with the other forms you had to sign? x
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 20th Jun 17, 12:59 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    Odd isn't it - I was not asked to provide a single thing, apart from to sign the data protection waiver etc which I got in the post the week after I went BR.

I wonder if it's different ORs doing things different ways, or perhaps people with assets and incomes get looked into further whereas I was put on the 'don't bother' pile?
    • Mistygrove
    • By Mistygrove 21st Jun 17, 9:53 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Mistygrove
    I had no assets. Live in rented house. Very straight forward Bankruptcy.
    Yet I have had to send tenancy agreement. Credit card statements. Bank statements. Red letters. Loan agreements

Wonder why the OR's seem to work differently x
    • nikkirr
    • By nikkirr 26th Jun 17, 8:53 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    nikkirr
    Had my paperwork which was just signing forms, stated no further interview and had letter stating car is exempt. But had a text off landlord as they had received letter from OR.

Didnt need to send anything
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,865Posts Today

6,437Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin