Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MostlyHappy
    • By MostlyHappy 16th Jun 17, 7:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MostlyHappy
    ParkingEye notice
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:45 PM
    ParkingEye notice 16th Jun 17 at 7:45 PM
    Hi, after a little advice. Received a notice from ParkingEye alleging overstay at local car park, with amount payable as £100. It says that as more than 28 days have elapsed since initial correspondence the appeal period is over - but I received no other correspondence than this letter now. I suspect that the "initial correspondence" is a fabrication.
    Do I have grounds for appeal because there was no initial correspondence? I've been through the FAQs and other posts looking for something similar but unless I've missed it, couldn't see anything. Many thanks...
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    Just put in the usual appeal from the NEWBIES thread online - not saying who was driving - and attaching any proof of spending (receipts or bank statement) of the occupants of the car that day.

PE often cancel, and will consider a late appeal. They also sue ignorers, so don't ignore it unless this is in Scotland.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• MostlyHappy
    • By MostlyHappy 16th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MostlyHappy
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:58 PM
    Thanks, will do. Don't have any receipts though, this was over a month ago, and as this is the first we've heard of it, wasn't expecting to have to keep documentation to defend parking charge!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    The Store can reprint the receipt. Easily.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,894Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin