Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vigman
    • By vigman 16th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1,092Posts
    • 261Thanks
    vigman
    BT recontract offer?
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    BT recontract offer? 16th Jun 17 at 6:59 PM
    Hi

I've only just taken on a broadband contract with BT. When I logged in to My BT today there was an offer for me of recontracing and receiving £25. I tried to read the T and Cs but the page would never load

Can anyone shed light on the offer of making a new contract so quickly and the associated cash back offer please?

Also their line test link has not worked for me on many attempts over the last three days. Has anyone else found this please?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,503 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    • 18th Jun 17, 9:58 AM
    You need to log in then you will see your recontract offer and the ts + cs
    • stockton
    • By stockton 18th Jun 17, 12:20 PM
    • 333 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    stockton
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:20 PM
    • 18th Jun 17, 12:20 PM
    You need to read the new offer very carefully. Often people get a good opening deal with BT but will lose it very quickly if they re-contract on different terms.

I recently renewed my contract with BT and then found a new offer on MyBT within the week. The new offer was an upgrade from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2.

I was not interested because I am quite happy with the offer I have on my present deal. If I had "upgraded" I would have paid a lot more.
    • vigman
    • By vigman 19th Jun 17, 10:31 AM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 261 Thanks
    vigman
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:31 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:31 AM
    You need to log in then you will see your recontract offer and the ts + cs
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Because my billing address postcode is different to my service address postcode the offer details in My BT won't load and it says ring 0800 121 8085. They knew nothing about it nor did 4 other departments.

I suspect Stockton is correct and I may not get the deal I currently have.

Thanks

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,503 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 20th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    Here are the ts & cs of the £25 on offer (it's in the form of a loaded shopping card, not £25 given to you)

Terms & Conditions
    £25 Gift Card offer ends 23rd June 2017 and is available online only to existing BT Broadband customers who re-contract their BT Broadband via the BT bespoke offers page. The Gift Card will be sent to the BT account holders address. The Gift Card is a pre-paid Bonusbond gift card. Bonusbond cardholder terms and conditions apply (https://legal.purecard.com/terms?cctid=7456209846671500000000230200012). For details on where the Gift Card can be used see https://www.bonusbond.com/SpendBonus. The Gift Card must be used within 6 months or you may incur charges from the card provider which will be taken from the value of the Gift Card. Subject to availability. Terms apply.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 21st Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    • 674 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    phillw
    • 21st Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 9:20 AM
    Can anyone shed light on the offer of making a new contract so quickly and the associated cash back offer please?
    Originally posted by vigman
    They are giving you a chance to pay for a more expensive service, you don't get to stay on your package for the same price & get cash back.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

2,862Users online

Martin's Twitter