Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Picster2007
    • By Picster2007 16th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Picster2007
    Civil Enforcement Ltd POPLA Appeal
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:37 PM
    Civil Enforcement Ltd POPLA Appeal 16th Jun 17 at 12:37 PM
    Could someone please add their opinion on my appeal?

CE Ltd sent my company a letter out of the blue for a parking fine. The issued notice to keeper states, "It is the driver's responsibility to pay this PCN", but CE Ltd have neither named the driver nor produced any evidence as to the identity of the driver at the time of the incident. This vehicle is a pool car that is used frequently by several people as and when it is required. I am not able to identify the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged incident, it's a busy service company and we simply don't keep records of who is driving what and where.

CE are not claiming keeper responsibility, nor would they meet the requirements to do so, as confirmed in response letter to me.
    In the light of no evidence that the incident actually took place. No ticket left on the car. No photographic evidence of the car parked in the place and at the time claimed. No help from Civil Enforcement to identify the driver. Can I ask POPLA to cancel the ticket?

Thanks in advance for anyone's input.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 14,740 Posts
    • 18,527 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:44 PM
    prepare a POPLA appeal based on post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread , then post it here for advice and critique

look at other examples of popla appeals from this year only so you get the idea on what to put into it

bear in mind you need a working popla code to do this appeal, so as long as they provided one recently then draft the appeal
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:59 PM
    Edna Basher has posted POPLA appeals written from companies before now, search his posts. Copy one of his that suits.

CEL cannot hold your company liable, due to their choice in using a non-POFA PCN.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Picster2007
    • By Picster2007 19th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Picster2007
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:31 AM
    Thank you both for taking the time to post a response. I'll get on to it.
    • Picster2007
    • By Picster2007 20th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Picster2007
    • 20th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    successful POPLA appeal
    • 20th Jul 17, 10:32 AM
    Just an update in case anyone is interested. Thank you Redex and Coupon-mad.

The car that received the ticket was a leased company car that is used as a pool vehicle by the company. (I have never driven the vehicle, I just manage the company). Civil Enforcement Ltd did not claim keeper liability and despite claiming they had photo evidence they never provided any. No ticket was left on the car at the alleged time/date of incident and the first I heard of it was a letter 6 weeks later addressed to the limited company. I first appealed to CE Ltd pointing out there is no keeper liability using one Edna's letters as a guide. (Thank you Edna) Of course that was unsuccessful, but their reply clarified that they were not invoking keeper liability. Next appealed to POPLA with the message below and now the case is dropped.

body my online appeal -

The issued notice to keeper states, "It is the driver's responsibility to pay this PCN", but Civil Enforcement Ltd have neither named the driver nor produced any evidence as to the identity of the driver at the time of the incident. This vehicle is a pool car that is used frequently by several people as and when it is required. I am not able to identify the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged incident.

Civil Enforcement are not claiming keeper responsibility, nor would they meet the requirements to do so, as confirmed in their letter attached.

In the light of no evidence that the incident actually took place. No ticket left on the car. No photographic evidence of the car parked in the place and at the time claimed. No help from Civil Enforcement to identify the driver. I ask that this PCN be cancelled.

***** Thank you to everyone that posts on MSE with their experiences fighting these unfounded demands for money.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,567 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    • 20th Jul 17, 11:41 AM
    Fantastic news and well done for winning at POPLA so easily!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

2,043Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin