Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DCurrer
    • By DCurrer 16th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 8Thanks
    DCurrer
    Do any bonus-paying banks NOT require a full switch?
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:04 PM
    Do any bonus-paying banks NOT require a full switch? 16th Jun 17 at 12:04 PM
    >"Switching's easy. Within seven working days your new bank will move across your direct debits and standing orders, close your old account and ensure all payments go to the new one. 76% told us it was hassle-free in our last poll."<

We keep being told this, which I'm sure is true, but as I have two current accounts offering benefits I want to retain, I don't want to do a 100% switch away from either of them. Are any of the banks listed in this week's Tips e-mail offering bonuses to people simply opening a new account, without closing and switching away from another one? Thanks for any suggestions!
Page 1
    • NoMore
    • By NoMore 16th Jun 17, 12:11 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    NoMore
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:11 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:11 PM
    usual way is just open a fresh donor account to switch, if you want to keep your account
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 16th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 3,862 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:56 PM
    Some banks really only make an exception if the old provider isn't part of the (newish) CASS scheme.

These are mostly smallish providers - N&P, Airdrie Savings Bank, Citibank and Coventry come to mind.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,379Posts Today

7,859Users online

Martin's Twitter