Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stevev99
    • By Stevev99 16th Jun 17, 10:50 AM
    • 147Posts
    • 244Thanks
    Stevev99
    Headland Hotel vote comp? Don't agree...
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:50 AM
    Headland Hotel vote comp? Don't agree... 16th Jun 17 at 10:50 AM
    So having entered a prize draw in the past, had an email from The Headland hotel in Cornwall saying if I vote for their restaurant in some competition (muddystiletos) and screen shot the vote, I'll be entered in a draw to win a free night.

Sorry but that seems hugely unfair to me on the other restaurants in the running, especially since I imagine most votes (and they're way ahead in the vote of course) haven't even eaten there.

Maybe an over reaction however I'm not doing it, just seems wrong to me!
Page 1
    • chocoholic123
    • By chocoholic123 16th Jun 17, 11:03 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 4,487 Thanks
    chocoholic123
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:03 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:03 AM
    Could you forward the email to the organisers of the other competition - at least that way the would know about it. It depends I guess what is in their rules.

• Stevev99
    • By Stevev99 16th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    Stevev99
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:42 AM
    Apparently they sent out their vote email this morning and the competition closes midday today. yesterday they were 2nd in the standings and surprise surprise, now they're winning!!

As you say, maybe it's not mentioned in the rules but to me popularity of an establishment should be based on people who've actually been there!
    • ANGELWINGS
    • By ANGELWINGS 16th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 10,420 Thanks
    ANGELWINGS
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:54 PM
    Could you forward the email to the organisers of the other competition - at least that way the would know about it. It depends I guess what is in their rules.
    Originally posted by chocoholic123
    I have done exactly that. I will let you know if I get a response.
    hero@muddystilettos.co.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

2,110Users online

Martin's Twitter