Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kellbanks
    • By kellbanks 16th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 6Thanks
    kellbanks
    Teaching assistant wouldn't let daughter go to the toilet
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:39 AM
    Teaching assistant wouldn't let daughter go to the toilet 16th Jun 17 at 10:39 AM
    Hi, just after a bit of advice.

My daughter 6 year 2, says that the TA took the class yesterday and that 5 minutes after lunch she needed a wee. She said she asked and was told no and that she should have gone at lunch. The TA made her wait all afternoon despite asking 3 more times and explaining that holding her wee was giving her stomach ache. My little girl said she was bouncing up and down and had to keep her legs crossed. They don't have an afternoon break so she had to hold on for 2 hours.

Should I speak to her regular teacher
    Last edited by kellbanks; 16-06-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Page 8
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 18th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 4,402 Posts
    • 3,246 Thanks
    glentoran99
    Before Christmas we had an afternoon long celebration assembly. All the children are sent to the loo before, On the walk to the hall a girl then said she really badly needed the toilet, in this case I believe that was too bad and denied her request, she could have wet herself during assembly for all I cared. She didn't though she waited.
    Could not have not needed it that badly
    Originally posted by Vickytaylor

and that in 4 words is why you shouldn't be a teacher, especially of young children.

You should hope that if you are using your real name that some of your childrens parents don't figure out who you are and raise a complaint, more than enough reason to detailed in this thread
    Last edited by glentoran99; 18-06-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    • f.o.d.
    • By f.o.d. 18th Jun 17, 11:33 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    f.o.d.
    Likewise, I hope "Vicky Taylor" is just a bored WUM. If she really is a teacher, and stupid enough to post using her real name, I hope someone reports her.
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 18th Jun 17, 12:00 PM
    • 2,400 Posts
    • 2,259 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Before Christmas we had an afternoon long celebration assembly. All the children are sent to the loo before, On the walk to the hall a girl then said she really badly needed the toilet, in this case I believe that was too bad and denied her request, she could have wet herself during assembly for all I cared. She didn't though she waited.
    Originally posted by Vickytaylor
    Definitely confirmed as being a troll !!!!!, as another post you said you wouldnt want them to wet themselves and mop it up then this 😂
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 18th Jun 17, 12:02 PM
    • 2,400 Posts
    • 2,259 Thanks
    cjdavies
    and that in 4 words is why you shouldn't be a teacher, especially of young children.

You should hope that if you are using your real name that some of your childrens parents don't figure out who you are and raise a complaint, more than enough reason to detailed in this thread
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    This, easily done too, but I suspect troll as account made only to post on this thread. Too many posts dont add up from what was previously said.
    • thepurplepixie
    • By thepurplepixie 18th Jun 17, 12:18 PM
    • 466 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    thepurplepixie
    I'm struggling to believe that Vickytaylor is a year 2 teacher with 4 years experience (plus training) and thought it appropriate to use her name as a user name, rather than something random.
    Originally posted by Cheeseface
    I think she's in year 2, not teaching year 2.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 18th Jun 17, 1:51 PM
    • 22,594 Posts
    • 86,446 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    The vast majority of six years manage to not go to the toilet during the night, don't they?

Teenagers use it as an excuse to get out of class - those who actually have a medical condition get issued a toilet pass and girls are allowed when *necessary*, but in the majority of cases, it's simply a means to be somewhere they shouldn't/get up to something they shouldn't without supervision.

The Offspring never seemed to need toilet facilities during lessons when they were moved to the block with what were rumoured to be 'haunted' toilets, nor did any of their class - their teachers remarked on how thirty kids instantly gained absolute bladder control once they weren't using the nice, non-haunted ones. They'd use the nicer toilets during break and lunch without problems.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 18th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 15,665 Posts
    • 39,173 Thanks
    FBaby
    Did she wear a dress? Because if she did, how do you know she didn't wet herself? Her knickers might have been totally soaked, but as you say, why would you care!
    • FBaby
    • By FBaby 18th Jun 17, 2:01 PM
    • 15,665 Posts
    • 39,173 Thanks
    FBaby
    The vast majority of six years manage to not go to the toilet during the night, don't they?
    They also don't drink at night or just before.
    • Vickytaylor
    • By Vickytaylor 18th Jun 17, 2:10 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Vickytaylor
    Definitely confirmed as being a troll !!!!!, as another post you said you wouldnt want them to wet themselves and mop it up then this ��
    Originally posted by cjdavies
    I don't want to have to mop a wee up. But in this instance the girl had 2 opportunities to go lunch, and before assembly, so no I was interested in how badly she needed to go, she should have gone.
    • Vickytaylor
    • By Vickytaylor 18th Jun 17, 2:14 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Vickytaylor
    Did she wear a dress? Because if she did, how do you know she didn't wet herself? Her knickers might have been totally soaked, but as you say, why would you care!
    Originally posted by FBaby
    She had had ample opportunities to go so no I didn't care, She did wear a dress so i suppose it is possible, she should have gone before assembly.
    Last edited by Vickytaylor; 18-06-2017 at 2:45 PM.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 18th Jun 17, 2:42 PM
    • 22,594 Posts
    • 86,446 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    They also don't drink at night or just before.
    Originally posted by FBaby

Really? Most kids I know have drinks before bed, then go to loo, brush their teeth, put their pyjamas on and then go to sleep. Many have drinks beside their bed, too.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 18th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 6,137 Posts
    • 11,091 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    We were never allowed to leave class to go to the toilet and I was in primary school in the 90s. I only remember 1 child ever wetting herself and that was in primary 1 (reception). Our school actually locked the toilet doors during lessons and if you did have a toilet pass you had to walk to the office and use the toilet there. Do children now have smaller bladders?
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
    • Vickytaylor
    • By Vickytaylor 18th Jun 17, 2:55 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Vickytaylor
    We were never allowed to leave class to go to the toilet and I was in primary school in the 90s. I only remember 1 child ever wetting herself and that was in primary 1 (reception). Our school actually locked the toilet doors during lessons and if you did have a toilet pass you had to walk to the office and use the toilet there. Do children now have smaller bladders?
    Originally posted by GlasweJen
    Looks like I am not the only one who does not let children go during lessons then
    • Aced2016
    • By Aced2016 18th Jun 17, 3:32 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Aced2016
    You will have some who will agree with you Vicky ! However I can only assume they are not parents !

As a parent the thought of your 6 year old, sitting for two hours would infuriate you. So I'm guessing the above are also childless. But I stand by what I said earlier your in the wrong profession with your attitude !
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 18th Jun 17, 3:58 PM
    • 2,400 Posts
    • 2,259 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Originally posted by GlasweJen
    Read past posts.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 18th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    Originally posted by Jojo the Tightfisted
    That's physiological though, it's because ADH production increases at night, nothing to do with needing to go but holding it.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 18th Jun 17, 5:05 PM
    • 1,432 Posts
    • 3,606 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    You will have some who will agree with you Vicky ! However I can only assume they are not parents !

As a parent the thought of your 6 year old, sitting for two hours would infuriate you. So I'm guessing the above are also childless. But I stand by what I said earlier your in the wrong profession with your attitude !
    Originally posted by Aced2016
    'Jojo the tightfisted' is a parent.
    • Aced2016
    • By Aced2016 18th Jun 17, 5:39 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Aced2016
    [QUOTE=Red-Squirrel;72715715]'Jojo the tightfisted' is a parent.[/QUOTE

Well that's worrying, I think any parent who condones a 6 year put through that is not right !
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 18th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 10,830 Posts
    • 6,135 Thanks
    DUTR
    [QUOTE=Aced2016;72715828]
    'Jojo the tightfisted' is a parent.[/QUOTE

Well that's worrying, I think any parent who condones a 6 year put through that is not right !
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    In a sense who cares what you think? Your word is not the last say on the topic, obviously there are going to be differences in opinions.
    There will be some that think the TA was right and others that don't.
    The past cannot be changed, the child didn't get to go to the loo during lesson time and didn't mess themselves during that time.
    • Aced2016
    • By Aced2016 18th Jun 17, 6:04 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Aced2016
    [QUOTE=DUTR;72715882]

In a sense who cares what you think? Your word is not the last say on the topic, obviously there are going to be differences in opinions.
    There will be some that think the TA was right and others that don't.
    The past cannot be changed, the child didn't get to go to the loo during lesson time and didn't mess themselves during that time.
    Originally posted by Aced2016
    You ovbiously did enough to read and reply. The original poster asked for opinions, which is what she got.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,912Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin