Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 16th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    Metro Bank checks
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    Metro Bank checks 16th Jun 17 at 10:27 AM
    Thought id just share my experience and share an experience.

Wanted a metro bank account as off on hols in a few weeks..popped into branch last Sunday.

Chap started application..oh thats odd,how long have you lived at current address,told him 10 years plus...on electral role ect.

Been refered to head office as we cant find you at your address..asked was that the credit check and he said No thats PRE credit check.

All three CRA"s have me at my address and recently taken out credit cards.

Assumed that was game over..got a call 10 mins later and was told credit check was fine and they had verified my address.

Anyone come across this before...my first time.
Page 1
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 16th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:49 AM
    Do you live in a flat? Perhaps he entered your address incorrectly. If it came back as ok I would assume it was his error, especially if you say you have taken out cards recently with no problems.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 16th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 3,881 Posts
    • 1,183 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 4:51 PM
    Their setup doesn't seem as polished as the big banks

That said, I walked out with a new debit card and internet / android setup in about 45 minutes. They've been fine ever since.
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 17th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Candyapple no i live in a 1960"s house...i did ask him to read back what he imputed,and all sounded looked correct.

Assumed it was part of credit check and as id taken out couple of credit cards and M&S switching account wouldn't have been overly surprised at failing,but this was pre-credit check,lucky head office has to work on a sunday.

Heng Leng Sorry yes same here (more than 45 mins though) walked out with debit card/pin/mobile app and online done there and then.

Must say after the initial hick up was impressed...and how often does any bank offer coffee and tea and toilets for Customers.

Over all yes impressed.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 1,609 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    That's odd then. Check your credit files to make sure your address is showing correctly:

The free versions to check your credit files are below:
    Experian: www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: www.noddle.co.uk

If it is, I would just put it down to human error, especially if you were later cleared by Head Office.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,276Posts Today

4,850Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin