Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tron1969
    • By Tron1969 16th Jun 17, 9:54 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tron1969
    Settlement Payment
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:54 AM
    Settlement Payment 16th Jun 17 at 9:54 AM
    Hi, I got the following email from Avant with a settlement figure. Do I just pay this or would you ask them to confirm in writing that this would be full and final settlement and get them to send to my home address rather than just an email? The settlement figure is approx. 14% of the outstanding value

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for working with AvantCredit!

We do apologise for any delay in response.

Your account is currently eligible for a settlement offer from AvantCredit. This settlement will be in the amount of £xxxx and will need to be paid and cleared by 30 July 2017 if you choose to accept it.

If this sum is too high, we also have multiple payment settlement offers. Please feel free to reach out with any further inquiries.

Please note, for all payments by cheque:

1. Include your customer ID number in the memo field
    2. Make payable to AvantCredit
    3. Mail to:
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 16th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 10,913 Posts
    • 10,575 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    Hi,

Always in writing, always stating the remaining balance will be written off and you will not be pursued for it.

Nation debtline has a template letter for this purpose on its website.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,102Posts Today

9,136Users online

Martin's Twitter