Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jonnickhall
    • By Jonnickhall 16th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jonnickhall
    Graduate account to non graduate
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    Graduate account to non graduate 16th Jun 17 at 9:50 AM
    My graduate bank account with HSBC is about to expire and they are about to move me to the the advance account.

I noticed that if you switch to that account at the moment then you get up to £200 or something?! Should I be able to try and swing this as part of it? Granted I have to switch accounts as I'm now longer a recent graduate but doesn't seem that fair new users get all these add one j get nothing?!
Page 1
    • Ed-1
    • By Ed-1 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 1,084 Thanks
    Ed-1
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    My graduate bank account with HSBC is about to expire and they are about to move me to the the advance account.

I noticed that if you switch to that account at the moment then you get up to £200 or something?! Should I be able to try and swing this as part of it? Granted I have to switch accounts as I'm now longer a recent graduate but doesn't seem that fair new users get all these add one j get nothing?!
    Originally posted by Jonnickhall
    To be eligible for the switch incentive you can't already hold a current account with HSBC.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 16th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 23,128 Posts
    • 13,406 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:19 AM
    The Advance Account will give you access to the 5% Regular Saver which you may wish to use.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 16th Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    • 4,125 Posts
    • 1,263 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:01 PM
    You aren't switching - it's the natural progression of student accounts

Student > Graduate > Borg drone
    • bravotango
    • By bravotango 17th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    bravotango
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    You could try and ask them (online chat, phone, or in branch) to see if you could try and wrangle something, but I'm pretty sure this is stipulated in their terms and conditions of opening and switching to an Advance account, whereby you won't be able to switch to Advance as you currently hold a HSBC account.
    Save Save Save

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

257Posts Today

1,177Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin