Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Samc7825
    • By Samc7825 16th Jun 17, 7:00 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Samc7825
    Appeal logged - no reply
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:00 AM
    Appeal logged - no reply 16th Jun 17 at 7:00 AM
    Good morning all,

I have only just found this forum after already appealing a ticket from Indigo.
    I appealed on 1st June for a fine issued on 26-5-17. The ticket said the vehicle was not fully parked in the bay. My husband (who received the ticket) didn't look at it until he got home so we had no evidence of how he was parked.

I appealed the ticket and requested their evidence of incorrect parking. This was done online and I kept a copy of each page. Indigo then emailed me to say the appeal had been received and they would keep me informed over the next 14 days. To date I have heard nothing, and there is no update on the appeal website.

My question is: what do I do now? Just keep quiet? Or check with them what is happening? At the moment, if it is justified, I would only need to pay the lower amount of £60 but soon that will go up to £100.

I feel that they have breached their own terms by not responding but don't want to be caught out.

Your views are very much appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 16th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:07 AM
    Was this at a railway station car park? It's an important distinction, because railway byelaws apply.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 16th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 2,411 Posts
    • 3,635 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:27 AM
    You are dealing with an unregulated scammers industry, they lie, they twist, they flout their own rules all to extract the maximum amount of easy cash.

The reduced amount is actually a con to get you to pay up without a fuss.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 8:28 AM
    • 14,532 Posts
    • 22,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:28 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:28 AM
    I feel that they have breached their own terms by not responding but don't want to be caught out.
    Not relevant I'm afraid.

They have 35 days to respond with either a cancellation or a rejection of your appeal but with the provision of a POPLA code you can win your appeal, especially if the diver was not identified in your initial appeal.

Can you post up your initial appeal to check if you've blown any toes off, and then we can advise accordingly. But note, it's not fatal to your case, still eminently winnable
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Samc7825
    • By Samc7825 16th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Samc7825
    • 16th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    Definitely shot myself (or my husband!) in the foot! Admitted to being the driver! Oh well, it is what it is! I can only try.
    If the appeal is unsuccessful and I go through POPLA, is the date still on hold for the lower rate of fine?

Reason for Appeal:
    A valid authorisation to park the vehicle had been issued †
    Any Other Details:
    Appeal is for Breach Code 07. Appeal reasons above do not accommodate this reason code.
    Car was parked within marked bay, have not received any evidence from yourselves that this is not the case. Please provide evidence.
    Do you have any evidence?:
    Yes
    Evidence 1:
    View document CC statement.pdf CC statement.pdf
    • Samc7825
    • By Samc7825 16th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Samc7825
    Yes it was a station car park
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 3:09 PM
    • 14,532 Posts
    • 22,858 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:09 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:09 PM
    If the appeal is unsuccessful and I go through POPLA, is the date still on hold for the lower rate of fine?
    First appeals are almost always rejected. With Indigo, POPLA appeals are almost always upheld in the motorist's favour.

Don't even think about paying this - no matter what their 'offer' is.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 7:21 PM
    • 49,992 Posts
    • 63,392 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:21 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:21 PM
    Easy to win at POPLA.

Search for 'Indigo owner POPLA' and ''show posts'' in your forum search (NEVER 'show threads'). All won before.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,418Posts Today

7,647Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin