Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 16th Jun 17, 6:17 AM
    • 2,779Posts
    • 37,409Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Friday 16 June 2017
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 16 June 2017 16th Jun 17 at 6:17 AM
    O/S Daily Friday 16 June 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Blue sky and sun shining, forecast is good here for the weekend, already warm.

DH up and gone into work to help out as several of the other staff are on hols today, and they were short staffed, he should be home by 10.30am ish. We don't need to go anywhere until lunchtime so it's not a problem. DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, I'll wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, roasted potatoes, veg and gravy, was delicious. Tonight boys will have pizza, we'll have something from the chip shop near where we are staying.

I got the ironing done, so then was able to pack, I will just need to get all the other bits together once I'm back from food shopping first thing.

Opticians were fine, have a new pair of normal glasses and a pair of sunglasses on their way, too much money though, but this will be the last time I buy 2 x pairs, they're supposed to be buy 1 get 1 free, but my eyes are not changing that much, and the sunglasses although if the weather's good I wear them a lot, they don't get that much use, so keeping a pair and not renewing them as frequently will be fine. I collect the new glasses in 2 weeks, I did manage to get a bit of discount due to the previous 2 pairs of glasses falling apart, not much though.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 16-06-2017 at 6:33 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 16th Jun 17, 3:32 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 3,510 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hi everyone
    It is an overcast but very warm day here with a lovely cooling breeze.
    Had to go to town this morning to buy my dad a Father's day present, unfortunately I hadn't got a clue what to get him because at nearly 88 he has "everything he needs"( well that's what he said when I asked what he would like, so no help there then ! ) Wandered round for an hour, had a coffee and finally settled for a mico fleece jacket, he's always cold these days but it probably won't fit / wrong colour etc. He's quite difficult size wise, anybody remember Harry Secombe ? well that's my dad and he has been mistaken for him in the past .
    The only work I have done today was mowing the lawns, as DH is still not 100%.The pollen count was supposed to be high today so I took an anti histamine tablet first, rather than later.
    Tea tonight will be quiche and salad followed by strawberries and cream.
    Hester D Day ! Hope all goes as planned.
    Hugs to all those who may need or want one and enjoy the rest of the day.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 16th Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 5,696 Posts
    • 32,884 Thanks
    Gers
    And it's still piddling down here!

Training sessions were OK, mostly because it's done by video conferencing and we can mute our mics.

The farmer neighbour dropped by with some fleeces from sheep he had sheared today. A friend of mine had asked for some so she'll be delighted. Meanwhile I've draped it all out in the big barn to dry off a bit over the weekend.

I've been trying to deal with some unhelpful scaffolders who have left unsafe scaffolding up at my DM's place. Eventually got fed up and contacted the city council and the bloke in the Building Standards dept is on his way out to inspect it.

It's cold here though I think I've left it too late to bother lighting the fire. I'll be under the duvet by 8.00p.m. watching TV in bed.

It's a great life!

I hope everyone is well and safe.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 16th Jun 17, 4:30 PM
    • 14,933 Posts
    • 60,465 Thanks
    Judi
    So not only is Youngest going to be called in for an disciplinary meeting. It appears he's had a phone call from his insurance (he has a black box). He's been pulled over the coals for speeding.

Hardest part for me is hiding it from his Dad. His Dad would go mad!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • caronc
    • By caronc 16th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 2,069 Posts
    • 14,045 Thanks
    caronc
    So not only is Youngest going to be called in for an disciplinary meeting. It appears he's had a phone call from his insurance (he has a black box). He's been pulled over the coals for speeding.

Hardest part for me is hiding it from his Dad. His Dad would go mad!
    Originally posted by Judi
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way - I know I did . Might do him no harm for his Dad to be mad if he's being irresponsible. Hope it works out ok x
    April GC £150/£160, May GC £150/£150, June GC £117/£120, July £185/£170, August £89/£120
    • Floss
    • By Floss 16th Jun 17, 9:37 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 29,291 Thanks
    Floss
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way - I know I did . Might do him no harm for his Dad to be mad if he's being irresponsible. Hope it works out ok x
    Originally posted by caronc
    Was about to say the same - sometimes the hard lessons need to be learned.
    • karcher
    • By karcher 16th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 10,285 Thanks
    karcher
    Originally posted by caronc
    Was about to say the same - sometimes the hard lessons need to be learned.
    Originally posted by Floss
    I agree.

Hope you are all having a good evening. Late checking in and not read all the thread but hope everyone is ok....especially FBO who has a lot on her plate just now x
    Last edited by karcher; 16-06-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

748Posts Today

8,395Users online

Martin's Twitter