Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • antwilliams
    • By antwilliams 15th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    antwilliams
    PCN NTK Excel
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:29 PM
    PCN NTK Excel 15th Jun 17 at 10:29 PM
    Hi

First time posting. I've read the newbies thread but I just wanted some advice to give to the registered keeper.

Car parked on 4/6/17 at a site controlled by Excel Parking. After paying the correct amount the driver was not issued a ticket by the machine and having no additional funds left a note stating time of parking and amount paid on windscreen.

The driver returned to find a card with a Serial Number and a date directing them to myparkingcharge.co.uk.

On 15/6/17 the RK received a PCN NTK issue date 12/6/17.

I have redacted PDFs of both the windscreen notice and the PCN if required.

What advice should I offer the RK at this stage? I'm thinking sit tight as Excel are IPC, so any appeal is unlikely to succeed.

Is that correct?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:47 PM
    no , the RK uses the IPC template from the NEWBIES sticky thread

then its ignore anything except an LBC or an MCOL over the next 6 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,448 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:48 PM
    Search the forum for 'myparkingcharge.co.uk' and read the other threads - you will glean so much more from a search than on your own thread. Some newbies don't seem to like being told that, but it is true, a search yields so much more advice (a hundred times more) than answers on a single thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• antwilliams
    • By antwilliams 16th Jun 17, 2:28 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    antwilliams
    • 16th Jun 17, 2:28 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 2:28 AM
    OK. Appeal posted
    The RK is expecting a rejection so expecting some begging letters
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 15,945 Posts
    • 24,738 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:36 AM
    OK. Appeal posted
    The RK is expecting a rejection so expecting some begging letters
    Originally posted by antwilliams
    Have you complained to the landowner and asked them to get this cancelled - can work? Even if it doesn't, you will have added a bit more to the heap of irritation the landowner will be feeling about their decision to engage a PPC that brings it to them. Sooner they may be on their way.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

352Posts Today

2,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin