Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ospre
    • By ospre 15th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ospre
    What are those things called that make you overtake a parked vehicle wider?
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    What are those things called that make you overtake a parked vehicle wider? 15th Jun 17 at 9:58 PM
    Driven down a few narrow streets lately and seen a few parked vehicles with a red and white triangle that is attached to either the drivers or passengers door. The said triangle protrudes into the road so that when you are passing the stationary vehicle it makes you go round it slightly wider. They are also reflective so can been seen from a distance.

Been searching on Google and eBay for the last hour trying to find out what they are called as I'd like to get one for when I park in narrow streets but for the life of me I can't find them.

Does anybody have one or know exactly what they are called?
Page 3
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 19th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Am I missing something, who has been on dragons den
    Originally posted by photome
    The designer who claims to have patented these or patented the way they attach to the vehicle. But the fitting looks exactly the same as all those clip on door guards they have been selling since the 70's and maybe older.

Start watching at 41:45. He isnt on there for long only a short piece. But the link is the full show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a356_IxJc20
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • ospre
    • By ospre 21st Jun 17, 8:36 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ospre
    Well I take my hat off to seashore22 for finding them, I spent about 2 hours trying to find them!

Well done and thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

9,533Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin