Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Firstwatch
    • By Firstwatch 15th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    • 269Posts
    • 1,330Thanks
    Firstwatch
    Do I need to send RM signed for to the Ebay GSP depot?
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    Do I need to send RM signed for to the Ebay GSP depot? 15th Jun 17 at 9:31 PM
    Or is it a waste of money, it being a very popular address? anyone had any problems?
Page 1
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 15th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 3,826 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:42 PM
    I always send mine untracked with no problems. At least you don't have to worry about them scamming you. Would probably send valuable stuff tracked and insured as RM and couriers do lose stuff
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    • 59,577 Posts
    • 42,270 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    I use whatever service I showed on the listing, so usually standard 2nd class, although standard parcels now have proof of delivery of course. I wouldn't pay extra for signed for if the value of the item didn't warrant it.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Jun 17, 5:21 AM
    • 11,400 Posts
    • 7,677 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:21 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:21 AM
    I use RM48 no tracking but a POD. No issues with the POD updating.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 16th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 777 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:14 AM
    Similar to Soolin, if its under £20 I don't bother with signed for, over £20 then get signed for to get the higher compensation from Royal Mail if it does go missing.

And always use the method you put on the original listing!
    • Firstwatch
    • By Firstwatch 17th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,330 Thanks
    Firstwatch
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    I use whatever service I showed on the listing, so usually standard 2nd class, although standard parcels now have proof of delivery of course. I wouldn't pay extra for signed for if the value of the item didn't warrant it.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Isn't the POD service only available to business users, on RM24 and RM48 2D labelled parcels? is there a link or something about this for privater ebay sellers? thank you all
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    • 59,577 Posts
    • 42,270 Thanks
    soolin
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    Isn't the POD service only available to business users, on RM24 and RM48 2D labelled parcels? is there a link or something about this for privater ebay sellers? thank you all
    Originally posted by Firstwatch
    If you buy postage online via eBay or PayPal the Number is automatically generated and added to your sale. According to other regulars on here some post offices are also generating these numbers on over the counter sales.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • custardy
    • By custardy 17th Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    • 32,766 Posts
    • 27,494 Thanks
    custardy
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    • 17th Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    If you buy postage online via eBay or PayPal the Number is automatically generated and added to your sale. According to other regulars on here some post offices are also generating these numbers on over the counter sales.
    Originally posted by soolin
    2D barcodes are on the horizon labels,so I don't see why it wouldnt be on the POPs
    • ontheup1972
    • By ontheup1972 20th Jun 17, 7:29 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    ontheup1972
    • 20th Jun 17, 7:29 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 7:29 PM
    Edited post - Never mind.
    Last edited by ontheup1972; 20-06-2017 at 7:32 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin