Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tom03
    • By Tom03 15th Jun 17, 9:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tom03
    Capquest added a false account to my credit file.
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:25 PM
    Capquest added a false account to my credit file. 15th Jun 17 at 9:25 PM
    I couple of months ago I received a letter from a company called Capquest, they stated that they had bought a debt I owe from Home Shopping Direct, the amount was £2611.25.
    I called them to explain that I had never had an account with a mail order company and apart from a mortgage which is now paid off, I have never had any debt.
    The agent said that it must be a mistake and they would pass it over to there fraud department.
    A few weeks later I received a second letter asking me to prove my identity by sending them photocopies of my passport and driving licence, this I did not do as I was concerned about identity fraud.
    Because of my employment with the US government I am required to obtain and maintain a top secret security clearance, yesterday my line manager calls me in his office and informs me that my security clearance is under review due to an adverse credit file report.
    On checking my file I found that Capquest had registered a default against me. Any suggestions on what I should do next?
    Regards
    Tom
Page 1
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 15th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    • 1,419 Posts
    • 1,865 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:31 PM
    Hmmmmm. Not sure what to think.
    • Maximum Saving
    • By Maximum Saving 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 333 Thanks
    Maximum Saving
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    You should talk to your line manager to fully explain what has happened. Otherwise what is happening isn't your fault. I think you would be in dangrous of losing your employment if you don't explain it all to them. I suggest you make an appointment at the CAB. Good luck.
    • Tom03
    • By Tom03 16th Jun 17, 6:46 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tom03
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:46 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:46 AM
    Already explained all to my line manager, shown him the letters and also my bank statement to show that I don't have any financial problems. What I need to know is how do I remove this account from my credit file. Should I instruct my solicitor to start litigation?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 16th Jun 17, 8:22 AM
    • 30,290 Posts
    • 19,161 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:22 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:22 AM
    Write to them telling them the debt isnt yours, maybe even send a SAR asking for anything held on file. You sure the debt isnt yours, Very and Littlewoods are 2 of the brands under the HSD umbrella.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,141Posts Today

8,435Users online

Martin's Twitter