Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 1,660Posts
    • 657Thanks
    paul2louise
    PayPal deadline to esculate
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    PayPal deadline to esculate 15th Jun 17 at 5:45 PM
    I opened a dispute as item was not as described. Item returned. Seller says they have refunded on 11th June but payment is not showing on my PayPal. My deadline to esculate is today otherwise case will close tomorrow

If I esculate i will no longer be able to communicate directly with the seller once a claim has been opened.
    Any open refund offers made by the seller will be cancelled.

What should I do.

Thank u
Page 1
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 15th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 14,965 Posts
    • 20,308 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    If the tracking shows it as delivered/returned, then escalate for a refund.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Jun 17, 9:01 PM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:01 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:01 PM
    If the tracking shows it as delivered/returned, then escalate for a refund.
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    This.

Esaclate.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:08 PM
    I phoned paypal just to see if there was any refund not cleared and they said no refund had been made. They were fibbing
    So they told me they would esculate it for me.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 749 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    I phoned paypal just to see if there was any refund not cleared and they said no refund had been made. They were fibbing
    So they told me they would esculate it for me.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    double check in your PP account under resolution to see if they have esculated the claim
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:21 PM
    double check in your PP account under resolution to see if they have esculated the claim
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    Good point. I will. Make sure it's been done. Thank u
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    Status

This significantly not as described dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We've requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by!25 Jun 2017. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Jun 17, 5:25 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:25 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 5:25 AM
    Have you returned the item?
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 16th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:33 AM
    Have you returned the item?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Yes and they confirmed that they had recieved it and told me that they had processed the refund on 11th and it should be in my paypal account in a couple of days. Strange because they also paid my return postage as gift payment and that was cleared on monday afternoon. Which is why i had no reason to not trust them. It may be an oversight but i had to follow the paypal procedure otherwise i wouldnt be able to follow this through.
    • ontheup1972
    • By ontheup1972 16th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    ontheup1972
    The gift payment, being a direct payment to your paypal account, would clear immediately.

Can I ask, did you pay for the goods from your paypal balance or from a debit/credit card through paypal?

The reason I ask is because refunds to your paypal are immediate, but when the refund has to go back to the funding source they can take up to 7 days.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 16th Jun 17, 3:14 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    The gift payment, being a direct payment to your paypal account, would clear immediately.

Can I ask, did you pay for the goods from your paypal balance or from a debit/credit card through paypal?

The reason I ask is because refunds to your paypal are immediate, but when the refund has to go back to the funding source they can take up to 7 days.
    Originally posted by ontheup1972

I paid thro my paypal balance as I have money in my account after selling my kitchen.
    • ontheup1972
    • By ontheup1972 16th Jun 17, 3:48 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    ontheup1972
    Ah right, so they were lying about sending the refund then.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 16th Jun 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,660 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Well it looks that way. I just thought it was delayed or oversight but I can't wait for ever
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Jun 17, 7:41 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Well it looks that way. I just thought it was delayed or oversight but I can't wait for ever
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    Unfortunately now it has gone to escalation you will have to wait.

If a case is open and the seller refunds, the case automatically closes as resolved. It may be they don't realise this and tried to refund and perhaps sent a gift payment to someone else, but that's not your problem. Now the case is escalated, as long as you have provided the returns tracking you will get your refund.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

8,759Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Today's Twitter poll: Is it acceptable to take your shirt off and go topless in the street when it's scorching in the UK?

• Follow Martin