Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GT60
    • By GT60 15th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,829Posts
    • 953Thanks
    GT60
    EE credit check
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:18 PM
    EE credit check 15th Jun 17 at 5:18 PM
    I hope I am in the right place
    Hi I have been on contract with EE since 1995 and never missed a payment
    But in 2014 I had a major accident and haven't worked since,my mortgage went in to default and a loan also
    I sold my house and paid the mortgage off in full with the remaining cash I had after purchasing a new home.
    The loan was sold to another company but I am making regular payment via Stepchange
    I now owe no one any money
    Two years ago I got a new phone from Carphonewarehouse without any issues and kept my old number without porting and I am certain it was not an upgrade

I am looking of getting a new Mobile phone and it would be from mobiles.co.uk as they have the best offer on but this would mean a new contract with EE and I am worried that I will fail the credit check as my rating is very poor
    EE have said to keep my current account going until I have the new phone and I know I have pass the credit check then ask for a pac code
    any ideas or advice please
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 15th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 13,656 Posts
    • 14,106 Thanks
    zx81
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:37 PM
    They're right. Don't cancel until you know you have a new contract.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 16th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 1,771 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:34 AM
    Check your credit files, what do they show?

Experian: www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
    Equifax: www.clearscore.com
    Call Credit: www.noddle.co.uk
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • GT60
    • By GT60 16th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    GT60
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:07 PM
    My Noddle score is 510
    • zx81
    • By zx81 16th Jun 17, 12:17 PM
    • 13,656 Posts
    • 14,106 Thanks
    zx81
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:17 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:17 PM
    Not the score.

The data.
    • GT60
    • By GT60 16th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    GT60
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:22 PM
    Every thing is upto date apart from the outstanding debt which is shown as default but I make regular payments each month via stepchange
    is this what you mean?
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 16th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 1,771 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    Every thing is upto date apart from the outstanding debt which is shown as default but I make regular payments each month via stepchange
    is this what you mean?
    Originally posted by GT60
    If everything else is correct (i.e. you are showing as being on electoral roll across all 3 files) then all you can do is go ahead and apply. One search isn't going to harm your history.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • username
    • By username 16th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    username
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:11 PM
    I am looking of getting a new Mobile phone and it would be from mobiles.co.uk as they have the best offer on but this would mean a new contract with EE and I am worried that I will fail the credit check as my rating is very poor
    EE have said to keep my current account going until I have the new phone and I know I have pass the credit check then ask for a pac code
    I would check first to see if EE will allow you to have an additional line, before going for an application for a phone. It will save your time.

Generally, if you have maintained payments and conduct on your EE account OK, there should be no issues with getting an additional line. The only things that could kibosh the additional line might be poor payment history, reaching the max no of lines allowed for your account, owing money to EE etc.

Then you could make an application to mobiles.co.uk for their EE contract. Presumably the 'best offer' you are seeing is on a new contract?

If you are successful, then you would then give notice on your previous EE contract, and ask for your PAC, and then port then number away from EE to a non EE pay as you go sim, and then back to your new EE contract.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 16th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 12,176 Posts
    • 11,639 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    As long as your account is up to date payment wise, then you can have a second line, for a tablet or phone, with EE, and there are no credit checks involved.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • GT60
    • By GT60 16th Jun 17, 3:50 PM
    • 1,829 Posts
    • 953 Thanks
    GT60
    YES to everything
    EE have just said I can have FOUR lines
    why the hell I would want four lines is beyond my but hey ho
    mobile.co.uk have the best offer at the moment but I am always checking CPW to see if their prices go down over the weekend
    I will update you all with the results next week when hopefully I will have a nice shinny S& and my son will have the fitbit gear thing that comes "free" hmm
    thank you everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin