Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 15th Jun 17, 4:21 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 9Thanks
    kayjones83
    PCN Help!
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:21 PM
    PCN Help! 15th Jun 17 at 4:21 PM
    Hi again,

Just need some clarification .

Ok so I received a parking ticket from Civil enforcement limited (based in Liverpool) back in March and made the mistake of telling them that I was the owner of the vehicle.

Apparently they sent me a letter with a POPLA Code of which i did not receive. I have stupidly responded to two of the letters sent to me.

Their argument is that my registration details were not on the ticket that Issued to me -due no fault of my own .

I still have the copy of my ticket of which I sent them a copy. Is it worth going back and forth with them?? Most of the previous posts on here suggest to ignore .

My concern is that I do not want bailiffs turning up at my door . How far do they normally go?

Any advice ?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:29 PM
    Read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum to learn about the game you are now caught in.

No chance of bailiffs unless you get a ccj against you and you ignore it
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 16,497 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    IGNORE them for now

bailiffs wont be rocking up at anyones door, not without a court order

CEL do issue court claims but they rarely if ever follow them through AS LONG AS the person receiving it puts up a strong defence, plenty of examples on this forum

CEL have 6 years to try court, so sit back and only deal with it if an MCOL arrives on your doorstep from Northampton ccbc

pointless arguing with morons, so dont bother , but keep all paperwork and evidence for over 6 years , in a folder
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 15th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:38 PM
    Ok thanks .

It's very trusting to be honest . As painful as it may be - I'll ignore any future letters that may come through the post.

I didn't think they were able to issue fines if you registration number wasn't on the parking ticket . That's an issue with the machine , not me .
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 16,497 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:50 PM
    they cannot issue fines, thats for sure

they can send an invoice for perceived rule breaking , even if it was a faulty machine

these are sc@mmers(ex=clampers) that have found an unregulated industry that allows them to prey on people like yourself, sometimes for minor transgressions

dont IGNORE all letters, remember , one from Northampton court should NOT be ignored, so watch out for that one
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 15th Jun 17, 5:10 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:10 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:10 PM
    Ok thanks for your help. Let's just hope it doesn't go that far .
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:55 AM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:55 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:55 AM
    Ok thanks for your help. Let's just hope it doesn't go that far .
    Originally posted by kayjones83
    It will.

But you have the easiest one to defend, no hearing, nothing. CEL defences here work!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 27th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    • 27th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 7:28 PM
    Hi all,

So I've received another 'Letter before action' from CEL. They have attached the following:

•Draft particulars of claim

•summary of Supreme Court judgment between ParkingEye Limited V Beavis, which they rely upon to support their claim.

The payment has now gone up to £140 since the first issue which was in March.

They are requested for the payment to be made within 14 days or they will be left with no alternative but to issue processings.

Is this still something I should ignore unless I receive a letter from Northampton court?

Any help will be appreciated !!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 16,497 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    • 27th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    ignore it unless it says FORMAL LETTER BEFORE (OF) CLAIM or something similar , if it does say this , and if its actually from CEL and not a debt collector, write back with a rebuttal , refuting the claim (see the NEWBIES sticky thread for this)

DO NOT ignore any MCOL from Northampton CCBC however
    if that arrives , issued by CEL or their legal reps , come back for more help
    Last edited by Redx; 27-07-2017 at 7:32 PM.
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 17, 7:33 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Why don't you just use the one I wrote as a suggested robust response, specifically for this exact CEL letter?

In the NEWBIES thread...in the LBCCC response links.

Never just stay on your thread, always read other similar threads and the NEWBIES thread again first.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 27th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Thanks all !

Coupon-mad I searched high and low for the one you wrote with no joy.

The only one I came across was the Daisy posted back in 2013 Which I'm sure has probably changed over the years .

Do you have a link for it?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 17, 10:10 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's the first link where I said to look!

In the NEWBIES thread...in the LBCCC response links.

• kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 27th Jul 17, 10:26 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Ah I found it , many thanks . Will let you know how it goes! ��
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 17, 10:27 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Clearly don't copy the Equality Act bit, and tweak it to suit.

But you can see the style of rant and copy it!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 28-07-2017 at 3:24 PM.

• kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 27th Jul 17, 11:37 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    I understand!
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 29th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Hi all,

So I appealed again at the beginning of August. I have now received a letter stating that it has been passed on to the debt collecters.

My only option is to

A) Pay, of which I will not do.

B) ignore

My only concern is, how long before they take you to county court? And do you receive a letter informing you of a court date? I heard of cases of people getting find for not showing up to court due to my having received a letter .

I'd be grateful for your advice .
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Sep 17, 5:17 PM
    • 16,497 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    they have 6 years to file an MCOL with Northampton CCBC

the CCBC send the letter to the defendants known address, as supplied by the PPC. this is usually the one they received from the DVLA when they issued the pcn

as long as people have not moved and if they have redirected their mail the defendant should receive the paperwork from the court itself

sometimes they will use a tracing service to track down the defendant and use that address

the court and court date is normally set after you return your defence

google MCOL to see the details
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Sep 17, 5:27 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,091 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi all,

So I appealed again at the beginning of August. I have now received a letter stating that it has been passed on to the debt collecters.

My only option is to

A) Pay, of which I will not do.

B) ignore

My only concern is, how long before they take you to county court? And do you receive a letter informing you of a court date? I heard of cases of people getting fined for not showing up to court due to my having received a letter .
    Originally posted by kayjones83
    It can be for 6 years, as Redx says, so only write to tell them if you move house.

Otherwise, ignore them unless they send a Letter before Claim, which they have to, and also from this weekend, they also have to provide much more information and allow people longer to respond to a LBC:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf

Come back if you get a LBC, or a claim form, as these are very defendable.
    Two out of two cases in court were won today as reported on here (kezza15 and manutd99), not v CEL but they always seem to discontinue when they see a robust defence, anyway!

Everyone should take time to complain to their MPs about the misleading letters and demands sent by scum parking firms, their debt collectors and their 'solicitors'.

• kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 29th Sep 17, 6:07 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    thanks you both for your help. I'm definitely putting up a battle and will also let you know if I do receive LBC or a claim form -hopefully , I don't .
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 29th Sep 17, 6:19 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    kayjones83
    Oh and another question.
    Will they eventually send bailiffs round to the house?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

3,070Users online

Martin's Twitter