Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kayjones83
    • By kayjones83 15th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    kayjones83
    Pcn
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    Pcn 15th Jun 17 at 4:12 PM
    Hi again,

Just need some clarification .

Ok so I received a parking ticket from Civil enforcement limited (based in Liverpool) back in March and made the mistake of telling them that I was the owner of the vehicle.

Apparently they sent me a letter with a POPLA Code of which i did not receive. I have stupidly responded to two of the letters sent to me.

Their argument is that my registration details were not on the ticket that Issued to me -due no fault of my own .

I still have the copy of my ticket of which I sent them a copy. Is it worth going back and forth with them?? Most of the previous posts on here suggest to ignore .

My concern is that I do not want bailiffs turning up at my door . How far do they normally go?

Any advice ?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 14,715 Posts
    • 18,485 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:31 PM
    IGNORE them for now

bailiffs wont be rocking up at anyones door, not without a court order

CEL do issue court claims but they rarely if ever follow them through AS LONG AS the person receiving it puts up a strong defence, plenty of examples on this forum

CEL have 6 years to try court, so sit back and only deal with it if an MCOL arrives on your doorstep from Northampton ccbc

pointless arguing with morons, so dont bother , but keep all paperwork and evidence for over 6 years , in a folder
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:49 AM
    My concern is that I do not want bailiffs turning up at my door . How far do they normally go?
    Originally posted by kayjones83
    Firms can't just send bailiffs round, you know! There's the small matter of them having to win in court first, then you refusing to pay what the Judge said.

Not going to happen because if you get one of CEL's lovely barrage of claim forms, you will find on every CEL thread here, what to do to quash it. So easy.

Ignore this stage but do not ignore court claim stage. Read some CEL defence threads now, by searching 'CEL claim stayed'. You will be pleasantly surprised.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 9:25 AM
    • 13,568 Posts
    • 21,261 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:25 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:25 AM
    Duplicate thread.

@OP - please PM Crabman or soolin (board guides) and ask them to merge your duplicate threads. You will find their names at the bottom r/h side of the forum thread list page, one back from this one. Just click on their names and you'll get an option to message them.

Duplicate threads lead to confusion for both you and regulars, and there a danger that it's misinterpreted - which can work out costly for you if you go down the wrong track.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,278Posts Today

8,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin