Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 15th Jun 17, 3:44 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 6Thanks
    HumDrum70
    Parking Fine - ParkingEye
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:44 PM
    Parking Fine - ParkingEye 15th Jun 17 at 3:44 PM
    Parking fine - 12 May 2017 at 16:59:31, at Royal United Hospital Bath - Car Park 1a .
    On the day in question, left the hospital and paid for parking by card following the machine's instructions. The receipt the machine printed looked no different to the one previously received the week before on a previous visit. This latest receipt even had the amount printed as £3, so therefore assumed this sum of money had been deducted from bank account. Several weeks later, received a PCN with time and photos of the car in question coming and going, stating no payment had been received. hoiked out said receipt, scanned it and then saw (as scanner enlarged the small ticket/ receipt to A4) the word 'void' at the top in tiny print, obscured by other text. would have thought the amount would say £0.00 but it didn't so just didn't notice the payment hadn't gone through. have appealed and the appeal was declined, now have to appeal to POPLA. So, the long and short of it is a) didn't find this forum until after appeal was sent. b) never did pay for parking even though thought one had c) feel this was a misleading ticket/ receipt and possibly a faulty machine not connecting card to bank. Can anyone advise me where I stand?
    Last edited by HumDrum70; 19-06-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 15th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    • 31,633 Posts
    • 37,321 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    read newbies thread at the top of this section

its NOT a fine
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:47 PM
    First edit your post to remove details of who was driving

If you are still in time do your popla appeal.

See the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with this

And at the same time complain to Pals at the hospital
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 27th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    • 27th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    Now ParkingEye are asking me to submit copy driving license/ passport along with £10, which is apparently the applicable fee for processing any 'subject access request' so that they can 'collate the information and respond as soon as possible'. I've already submitted my appeal to POPLA and have the backing of Pals at the RUH, so do I ignore this request, send ParkingEye an email stating I am waiting for POPLA to respond or send them the documents and money (which seems utterly ridiculous!)?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 27th Jun 17, 2:32 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 27th Jun 17, 2:32 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 2:32 PM
    If you no longer want what you originally made the SAR for then just ignore the request.

When you say Pals are backing you, if that means they are getting the PCN cancelled then do wait till you get this confirmed by PE before discontinuing your efforts to defend this (should your POPLA appeal fail)
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 27th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    • 27th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 3:34 PM
    Pals are waiting to hear what POPLA say and I am to keep them informed. I think at that point, they may step in. Thanks for the advice
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 27th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 27th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    • 27th Jun 17, 3:46 PM
    Wouldn't call that "backing you"

Looks more like a fob off. (If POPLA reject the appeal they won't have any further interest in anything PALS come up with!)

Give them stronger complaint and ask them to intervene on your behalf and get it cancelled now.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 50,112 Posts
    • 63,495 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 28th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    Pals are waiting to hear what POPLA say and I am to keep them informed. I think at that point, they may step in. Thanks for the advice
    Originally posted by HumDrum70
    ParkingEye might refuse to cancel after POPLA, if they win. We've seen them demand money to cancel, after POPLA, because *sob, sob* poor ParkingEye have expended money on the case...awwwww my heart bleeds for them...NOT.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 27th Jul 17, 2:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    • 27th Jul 17, 2:11 PM
    • 27th Jul 17, 2:11 PM
    OK, now POPLA have stated my appeal has been unsuccessful and I have a choice of either getting in touch with the CAB or paying for legal services, or paying the fine. I assume the next step is to keep going and call on the CAB whilst keeping PALS informed?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 27th Jul 17, 2:21 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,840 Thanks
    Quentin
    Who gave you those choices.

Take none of them! Cab are useless on private parking charges. Paying for legal help is likely to be a waste and paying the charge now is pointless

You are in the debt collectors stage (see newbies FAQ thread). Ignore debt collectors!

Come back to the forum if you get court correspondence or a letter before court action for advice on dealing with those

Don't forget Pals
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 50,112 Posts
    • 63,495 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, now POPLA have stated my appeal has been unsuccessful and I have a choice of either getting in touch with the CAB or paying for legal services, or paying the fine. I assume the next step is to keep going and call on the CAB whilst keeping PALS informed?
    Nope. Forget the CAB and forget paying up at this stage. It is not a fine.

Complain again to the NHS Trust.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 30th Jul 17, 6:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    The letter from POPLA gave me these two sad choices. I have emailed PALS and await their response. Thanks for the link
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 30th Jul 17, 7:23 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,504 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    The letter from POPLA gave me these two sad choices. I have emailed PALS and await their response. Thanks for the link
    PoPLA is funded by the parking scammers. They are hardly likely to tell you how to beat this scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • HumDrum70
    • By HumDrum70 11th Sep 17, 8:27 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    HumDrum70
    PALS saved the day and got the charge dropped.

Thanks for all the advice and help
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 11th Sep 17, 12:25 PM
    • 2,306 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    well done

what did they say ? it may help others ....

Ralph
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

10Posts Today

3,375Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin