Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gvp444
    • By gvp444 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 5Thanks
    gvp444
    PCN Recieved via highview/Tesco
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    PCN Recieved via highview/Tesco 15th Jun 17 at 3:41 PM
    My wife has just received a PCN from High view regarding parking in Tesco. Rightly or wrongly she regularly drops a child off here for school before going into Tesco or goes in there first to get lunch bits etc. She then picks them up from here where they usually go and by sweets and bits after school.

Anyway, the letter arrived today, 21 days after the alleged long haul stay. The ANPR picked her up arriving at 8.54am dropping off and leaving at 3.22pm for picking up (SCHOOL TIMES!). In my anger and haste I appealed online pointing this out rather than a proper appeal so may have stuffed that up big time after actually taking my time to read through these threads. Where do I go from here. It is a certainty they will reject my appeal. Any more advice would be appreciated. £40 is not a massive amount and after we lost our beloved dog this week to cancer I am royally "annoyed" but don't feel I have the energy or time to o anything but pay. But then again, its the principle of these scum bags.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    Before starting a new thread you are politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

This will advise what to do and when to do it
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 3:49 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Highview can be easily beaten at POPLA - this kills it dead. Use the forum search for 'double dip' and read about the phenomenon and how to deal with it by way of appeal.

If you can't face dealing with this right now, you can relatively safely ignore HV from here on. They are not litigious at present, but they do have 6 years to pursue through the small claims court. They have never done this with anyone previously and my guess is they're not likely to start any time soon.

You will be pestered by powerless debt collector letter (just ignore them too). Only respond in the unlikely event of a court claim from HV.

Have you complained to Tesco management (not customer services)? Surely they will see the absurdness of the parking times shown for that day. Explain to them about the vast number of erroneous double-dip cases.

Personally, in addition to the Tesco complaint, I'd go the POPLA route and get it killed off.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • gvp444
    • By gvp444 15th Jun 17, 7:03 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gvp444
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:03 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:03 PM
    Ok, I have been through the Newbie section but I am still pretty confused. I have mucked up the first part of the appeal and as said i am sure they will reject this. However this part caught my eye:

"If they are a firm which alleges 'keeper liability' under the POFA 2012 (which they don't have to) the a postal PCN has to arrive by day 14 if there was no windscreen ticket, and between day 29 and day 57 if there was a windscreen ticket. Some firms (e.g. Civil Enforcement, Highview, CP Plus, Smart Parking and some small PPCs) don't even bother with POFA 2012 wording so the keeper is not liable if you point that out to POPLA. So you can see why the keeper is the person identified in your appeal.

Does this then mean because there was no windscreen ticket and the letter arrived on day 21 since the day it happened it should be rejected anyway?

What is my next step when rejected? To reply with a letter as set out in the newbie section? I am in the meantime writing to customer services and the head honcho at Tesco to see if this gets me anywhere.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    in simple terms

as keeper , you received a pcn in the post

in your case you are saying this was 21 days after the event, but to comply with POFA2012 they had to get it to you by day 15 , they failed so as keeper you are not liable (but you still have to go through the motions)

as keeper you send them the blue text template from the NEWBIES sticky thread

if they reject this , you draft a POPLA appeal using post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

this will be submitted as KEEPER within 28 days of receiving the code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:41 PM
    Come on, this is easy - we want you to try to beat the 2 hour cancellation record!

Did you not simply search the forum for Highview...it's hilarious, one of our favourites.

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• gvp444
    • By gvp444 16th Jun 17, 11:10 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gvp444
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:10 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:10 AM
    Thank you all

Tesco customer services have seen sense and are having this retracted. Both in store who confirmed there "must have been a camera problem" and then after this I had a reply to my email from online customer services stating they would have this cancelled too. Seems all it took on this occasion was the threat of legal action against them.

Thanks again.

When it happens again, which I am sure I will I know exactly where to start.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Jun 17, 11:20 AM
    • 5,962 Posts
    • 7,684 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:20 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:20 AM
    Thank you all

Tesco customer services have seen sense and are having this retracted. Both in store who confirmed there "must have been a camera problem" and then after this I had a reply to my email from online customer services stating they would have this cancelled too. Seems all it took on this occasion was the threat of legal action against them.

Thanks again.

When it happens again, which I am sure I will I know exactly where to start.
    Originally posted by gvp444
    Great .... camera problem my ar*se, scam is the best word

Tesco still don't understand that using scammers lose them business ..... such is life
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • gvp444
    • By gvp444 16th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gvp444
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 11:25 AM
    Great .... camera problem my ar*se, scam is the best word

Tesco still don't understand that using scammers lose them business ..... such is life
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    Indeed. I worded my email in such away that accused them of being a part of a double dip scam. Why would anyone in their right mind spend 6 hours in a tesco store in the middle of nowhere. You would think something would be done about these companies with all the bad press
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 12:09 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Excellent result gvp444. Complaining to the retailer can not only get this killed totally, but handing them some hassle back can eventually cause them to think if it's actually worth having a PPC infesting their car park. And especially if it's in the middle of nowhere, where there would be little trouble from fly-parkers.

You would think something would be done about these companies with all the bad press
    The only thing being 'done' is by the parking forums. There's no appetite at government level, despite a national consultation 2 years ago, to bring this circus under control.

Pleased to have been able to help.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 16-06-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

3,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin