Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scotty1981
    • By scotty1981 15th Jun 17, 3:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    scotty1981
    BW legal - Final notice letter
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:35 PM
    BW legal - Final notice letter 15th Jun 17 at 3:35 PM
    Hi
    I am looking for some advice. On 21/04/17 I received a letter from BW Legal stating they had been instructed by Vehicle Control services in relation to an unpaid PCN. The contravention description states that the vehicle was parked without displaying a valid ticket.

The location stated is a place where I have only ever parked once before and after a quick dig around in my car I actually found the ticket I had purchased on the date in question. The confusing thing is there was never any ticket issued to my windscreen, my home address and there are no cameras in the location in question as I have since done a few drive by's. I have not received any correspondence from VCS themselves in relation to any ticket and the first I have heard is from BW Legal so to say I am confused is abit of an understatement!

Maybe naively I ignored the letter and have now recieved a final notice letter dated 22/05/17 and so I am seeking advice as to the best course of action. The final notice letter requests a balance of £160.00, threatens CCJ's and makes reference to ParkingEye Limited v Beavis and so I am feeling a little worried. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    • 16,504 Posts
    • 20,667 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:07 PM
    the correect advice is that you follow thge same path as the dozens and dozens of other members here before you, and do the same as they did

namely, you reply to B W LEGAL and refute all the claims they are making

member GAN on pepipoo wrote a lot of simple rebuttal letters for this and these have been reproduced on here dozens of times, so just find them and do what the other members have already done

but bear in mind that you may still receive an MCOL from Northampton

the PPC has 6 years to pursue it through the courts
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 15th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 2,332 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:00 PM
    Here's a version of a gan response to a BW Legal final notice adapted for another poster. You can further adapt it for yourself.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619887&highlight=bw+legal+final+ notice#15
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 9:06 PM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:06 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:06 PM
    All anyone here needs to do, is search the forum...everything has been said, done, drafted and is there to copy from already.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,667Users online

Martin's Twitter