Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bdunta123
    • By bdunta123 15th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bdunta123
    UKPC PCN - DRP - Getting worried about not paying it/contacting them
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:15 PM
    UKPC PCN - DRP - Getting worried about not paying it/contacting them 15th Jun 17 at 3:15 PM
    Hi there,

I have previously posted on this forum and received the advice to ignore all letters from Debt Recovery Plus until it is passed on to the small claims court. I have received 3 letters from DRP and now I have just received the final 'threat' letter reminder from them before they are going 'to refer this back to client to go to the claims court'.

I am currently applying for a mortgage and due to exchange shortly...I know it is probably just a threat on the letter but I don't want this to cause any trouble. I was too late to appeal with UKPC because I didn't receive the letters until it had gone on to DRP. The initial ticket was given because the car was not in an allocated space, despite this not being clear in a very busy car park with traffic everywhere.

Is the best thing to simply still just wait it out? At the time there was discussions on here about how UKPC were going to court and might be taken down by HMRC. They are giving me until 24th June to pay the balance...

Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:37 PM
    Going to court won't affect any mortgage.

The only way to get your credit file affected would be to ignore any ccj you get or fail to pay it off in full within 30 days

As always. Ignore drp
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 15,490 Posts
    • 24,201 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    Wait it out. Forget the UKPC HMRC case - it's over, UKPC are still operating, they are not going out of business.

Why are you worried about a mortgage/exchange of contracts? I know, you've heard a man down the pub saying that you'll lose it if you get a CCJ.

You only get a credit-trashing CCJ if all the following apply:

1. A court claim is made by UKPC (not DRP - they can't)
    2. You lose at court
    3. The judge awards costs against you
    4. You are given a deadline by when to pay the costs
    5. You fail or refuse to pay by the deadline
    6. UKPC apply to the court for enforcement
    7. A CCJ is issued
    8. Bang goes your credit worthiness for the next 6 years.

Now, where exactly are you on the above spectrum? Hmmm, thought so!

Just get on with sorting out your mortgage/exchange without letting your head get full of ill-informed rubbish!

HTH
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 4:00 PM
    • 33,243 Posts
    • 17,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:00 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:00 PM
    Regards 4 above.

Irrespective of whether or not you get a deadline by the judge you must pay a ccj off in full within 30 days of getting the ccj to avoid it going on the register for 6 years
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 15th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 7,376 Posts
    • 6,423 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    But you are unlikely to lose. Judges are becoming increasingly aware that most of these claims by PPCs are scam.

If it does get to court, be sure to make the judge aware of this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 6:25 PM
    Ha ha you may get another two letters after the "final threat" from Zenith who are still DRP but with different letter headings and maybe a last chance reduced final offer!

All part of the scam the last thing they want is for it to go to court as they are out of the loop and get zero but have wasted time, money and effort sending meaningless threatening letters.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 1:07 AM
    • 51,504 Posts
    • 65,106 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:07 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 1:07 AM
    Please ask the Board Guides (Crabman, Browntoa or Soolin) to merge your threads, we can't have several open about one case as it is too confusing:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5648126

No more new threads, just one please, updated when you need to.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,579Users online

Martin's Twitter