Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jojeba
    • By jojeba 15th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 7Thanks
    jojeba
    0 WOW
    Netflights: Refund of airfare taxes?
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    0 WOW
    Netflights: Refund of airfare taxes? 15th Jun 17 at 3:12 PM
    I am considering booking a long-haul flight through Netflights. (I prefer to book direct but in this case it's not feasible.)

I know that as a general rule, even if you buy a non-refundable airfare, if you cancel you can apply for the tax component to be refunded. However, I wondered if this still applies if booking through a third party website? Netflights' T&Cs are vague...

"If you need to cancel you must contact us. Many of our flight fares are subject to airline terms which mean they have no refund value at all if cancelled. Any refund will depend on the cost of cancellation as per Netflights.com’s terms and conditions, and you will be advised of these at the time of cancellation."

Grateful for any answers! x
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 10,465 Posts
    • 6,853 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    If you cancel you would be asking your agent to reclaim the taxes for you

It is generally only a part of the "taxes and fees" that are refundable. Some airlines charge an admin fee to process and if you book through a third party they may also have an admin fee on top of that so there may be very little to actually be refunded (if Netflights treat cancelling and reclaiming APD as amendment then the fee looks like £50 out of a long haul economy APD of £73 less whatever the airline charges for APD refund processing)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,363Posts Today

8,283Users online

Martin's Twitter