Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rad121
    • By rad121 15th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 3Thanks
    rad121
    County Court docs arrived
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:51 PM
    County Court docs arrived 15th Jun 17 at 2:51 PM
    Hi guys, quick question here. I have today received CC docs saying Civil Enforcement Ltd are trying to take me (and my wife and mother-in law in a separate docs) to court for £321 after all of us parked in the same spot for between 10-20 mins each - none of us were aware ANPR cams had gone up + no lit signage. We have our defence sorted.

My question is this though, how much info on the defence form do I have to fill in at this point. There's actually not much space on the form. Can I just put in an outline defence at this point for the CC, and give the full defence at a later point? I have read the post on this forum but it't not clear.

Also, can I send in printed copy as per the outline defence or does it have to be handwritten on the court form?

Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Aug 17, 1:30 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Yes, you can email the court... address is around the forum in a fair few places.
    • rad121
    • By rad121 24th Aug 17, 10:58 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rad121
    MCOL is taking forever to process our bloody DQ response. Sent Monday 1st, how long does it take them to updater the system. I've now had to email their helpdesk with a copy of the DQ as additional proof.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Aug 17, 11:05 PM
    • 51,815 Posts
    • 65,445 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Most people here just email it, only using MCOL once, for the acknowledgement at the start.

Look what CEL are doing (again), read the latest posts from today:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=115128

Discontinuing before hearings = kerchiiiiing!! for you in costs!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• rad121
    • By rad121 26th Aug 17, 12:36 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rad121
    OK, to help anyone out there reading this, as is the spirit of this website, if you need to return court papers via email to the MCOL/Northampton lot, and this address is not listed on their mail correspondence, it's ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

You will get a response from them saying this is proof of receipt. Save yourself the postage, unlike me

Be aware also, they don't answer the phone!
    • rad121
    • By rad121 2nd Oct 17, 11:12 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    rad121
    Bit of an update peeps. It looks like CSL have dropped all cases against me, my wife, and her mother-in law. Submitted defences for all three in June, myself and the mother in law heard nothing back. Wifey got a court summons etc, and we filed our Direct Questionairre forms, and served them on CSL and the court. Three weeks ago we get a letter from our local court saying if the claimant doesn't file by such and such a date, it will be stayed. Well that date came and went last week, I rang the court and the lady tells me CSL have failed to reply.

So, it looks like we've seen this through, a process that has taken best part of a year almost.

What I find incredible is that a company like CSL, and many more like it, are being allowed to use the UK small claim court system to, quite legally, force people to part with their cash, in many cases quite unjustifiably, and with massively added amounts. The latter probably not legal.

Something is badly wrong with the system.

On a more positive note, I would like to thank everyone who has helped me with this, offered advice, and assisted.

To CSL, I hope you read this, and if you do, F U!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 12:09 AM
    • 51,815 Posts
    • 65,445 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done to you and your family for beating this scam!!

One more thing if you haven't already - read this copy of a post by Bargepole and please write out what happened to you all, and how it made you feel, in a letter to your MP:

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,012Posts Today

4,447Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin