Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 6Thanks
    zara1325
    SIP informed that i was driving does it reset to the start
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    SIP informed that i was driving does it reset to the start 15th Jun 17 at 2:30 PM
    HI all,

SIP have been given my details as the driver, which i was ok with as i was the driver but they are hounding me from where they left off with the keeper who is disabled.

I assumed it would reset and go back to the original amount. Since they have my details i have had NTND on 5/6/17 for £100 8/6/17 final reminder £125 14/6/17 notice to of impending legal action £125. Is this right? What could I do about it.

I feel i have a strong case as we had a ticket which was in time, reason for the notice was no displayed blue badge.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    • 33,252 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
    Originally posted by Quentin
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 15,513 Posts
    • 24,235 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?
    Originally posted by zara1325
    A completely unregulated industry. It's like the Wild West.

Is it right - probably not, but who you going to call? We're the nearest you've got to Ghostbusters, I'm afraid. . The Government are showing precious little interest in bringing the skimdustry to heel.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
    Originally posted by zara1325
    And we always win v Gladstones, so i would imagine it would be the same on this occasion!

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• zara1325
    • By zara1325 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    Great I'll come back when I get letter before

Thanks for all your help!
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 18th Jul 17, 1:52 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 18th Jul 17, 1:52 PM
    • 18th Jul 17, 1:52 PM
    Hi,

I have posted before and was told to come back when the LBC letter arrived, which it did last week from Gladstones.

Short story is I was the driver of a disabled drivers car ( i owned up to it) and i had displayed a car parking ticket but the disabled badge fell off the dashboard, of which I do have a good reason why it fell off, the lady who car it was had fallen and I rushed to pick her up and that the badge fell onto the chair! This can be proven as the next day I took the lady to the GP's as she had a bad bruise.

Is there anyway I should offer a small amount and hope it does not go to court? I am not very good at wording a defence if it came to it!

I am so angry as an over zealous parking attendant was watching me struggle with four ladies who all have learning disabilities and the wheel char is clearly visible in the boot.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 18th Jul 17, 2:36 PM
    • 33,252 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    Why consider making an offer? After you got #7!!
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 18th Jul 17, 4:48 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    Why consider making an offer? After you got #7!!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Sorry I don't understand what you mean!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th Jul 17, 4:51 PM
    • 2,095 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    And we always win v Gladstones, so i would imagine it would be the same on this occasion!

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    This is what Quentin meant. Note the word underlined.
    This space for hire.
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 18th Jul 17, 5:59 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    This is what Quentin meant. Note the word underlined.
    Originally posted by waamo

Oh yes sorry I understand now! lol BUT I'm not that good at this sort of thing, I'm just stressing over the defence. As you can see, I didn't even get this!!!

Thanks for taking time to clarifying this for me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jul 17, 12:07 AM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So now re-read the NEWBIES thread post #2 and the linked examples of replies to LBCs. Copy and adapt one.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• zara1325
    • By zara1325 17th Aug 17, 4:09 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    Hi again,

I have received the claim form from Northampton dated 4/8/17 I have just come back from holiday and yesterday I have extended the date on MCOL.

What do I put on the defence? I really am hopeless at this kind of thing and would need good guidance to guide me through this mind field.

To summarise:-
    Received notice on 27/2/17- falling to display blue badge, paid for parking. Notice sent to NTK (not driver)
    27/2/17 - wrote to SIP disputed stating mitigating circumstances. (learning disabled lady fell while I was displaying ticket and disabled badge fell onto the floor, in my haste to run and help her up. this can be backed up with GP's as she had to attend them the next day due to large bruise)
    17/03/17 dispute - rejected
    10/5/17 payment overdue letter £115
    27/5/17 letter stating I was the driver
    30/5/17 final reminder £125 to NTK
    5/6/17 I received notice to named driver £100
    8/8/17 final reminder £125
    14/6/17 notice of impending legal action
    4/8/17 court claim form £239.53
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Aug 17, 4:22 PM
    • 33,252 Posts
    • 17,191 Thanks
    Quentin
    Back to the newbies faq thread for advice on constructing your defence

Post it up here for comments before sending it
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Aug 17, 10:36 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    What do I put on the defence? I really am hopeless at this kind of thing and would need good guidance to guide me through
    Wouldn't it be great of there was a thread at the top of the forum, providing guidance, links and templates about what to do, including example defences, and guidance to guide newbies through to their hearing and win...!

• zara1325
    • By zara1325 21st Aug 17, 7:25 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zara1325
    Hi, is it really worth contesting it as it was human error that the badge fell off?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 21st Aug 17, 7:39 PM
    • 2,095 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    waamo
    Really? A flawless record against Gladstones and you ask that? It's your money I suppose, if you can afford to give it away so easily.
    This space for hire.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 21st Aug 17, 7:43 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Entirely up to you. It's a fight forum, so fight or give up and pay the scammers.
    You're willing to pay this much, maybe give it a fight?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,646Users online

Martin's Twitter