Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    zara1325
    SIP informed that i was driving does it reset to the start
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:30 PM
    SIP informed that i was driving does it reset to the start 15th Jun 17 at 2:30 PM
    HI all,

SIP have been given my details as the driver, which i was ok with as i was the driver but they are hounding me from where they left off with the keeper who is disabled.

I assumed it would reset and go back to the original amount. Since they have my details i have had NTND on 5/6/17 for £100 8/6/17 final reminder £125 14/6/17 notice to of impending legal action £125. Is this right? What could I do about it.

I feel i have a strong case as we had a ticket which was in time, reason for the notice was no displayed blue badge.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    • 31,513 Posts
    • 15,527 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:40 PM
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 13,145 Posts
    • 20,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:43 PM
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
    • zara1325
    • By zara1325 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:50 PM
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
    Originally posted by Quentin
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 13,145 Posts
    • 20,539 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 3:03 PM
    Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?
    Originally posted by zara1325
    A completely unregulated industry. It's like the Wild West.

Is it right - probably not, but who you going to call? We're the nearest you've got to Ghostbusters, I'm afraid. . The Government are showing precious little interest in bringing the skimdustry to heel.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 46,959 Posts
    • 60,318 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 PM
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
    Originally posted by zara1325
    And we always win v Gladstones, so i would imagine it would be the same on this occasion!

PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• zara1325
    • By zara1325 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    zara1325
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 9:26 PM
    Great I'll come back when I get letter before

Thanks for all your help!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,352Users online

Martin's Twitter