Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 15th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 608Posts
    • 135Thanks
    strawberries1
    Does Contacting Hospital Contradict Non Disclosure of Driver Advice?
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    Does Contacting Hospital Contradict Non Disclosure of Driver Advice? 15th Jun 17 at 2:04 PM
    Dear all I received a PCN form Gemini Parking Solutions on my car a couple of weeks ago. I'm preparing my appeal to POPLA and will email it within the 28 days but my question is regarding contacting the hospital.

Will my name and the info I give in the email to the parking department of the hospital be used by Gemini as proof of driver identification especially as patient?

I intend to explain in the email that my appointment was meant to be elsewhere nearby which had free parking but I got a call to say it was at Chase Farm Hospital. Upon parking I went in to get change but came out to find the notice.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:11 PM
    Your correspondence with the hospital will be between you and the hospital alone.

If you are worried you can still complain to the hospital without revealing who was driving. Use "the driver" throughout
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:13 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:13 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:13 PM
    alll you need to do is describe yourself as a passenger or occupant of the vehicle , to anyone

or as mentioned above, refer to what the driver may have done, but you are complaining and appealing as "keeper"

nobody can prove who the driver was , these tickets are not issued in that manner
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    • 608 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    strawberries1
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 9:57 AM
    Thank you.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 5,962 Posts
    • 7,684 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 10:27 AM
    Dear all I received a PCN form Gemini Parking Solutions on my car a couple of weeks ago. I'm preparing my appeal to POPLA and will email it within the 28 days but my question is regarding contacting the hospital.

Will my name and the info I give in the email to the parking department of the hospital be used by Gemini as proof of driver identification especially as patient?

I intend to explain in the email that my appointment was meant to be elsewhere nearby which had free parking but I got a call to say it was at Chase Farm Hospital. Upon parking I went in to get change but came out to find the notice.
    Originally posted by strawberries1
    There was a case on here recently where a lady with a ticket
    contacted the landowner which was BT.

BT in their wisdom passed her information to the parking company
    who contacted her by phone.

This was a data breach by BT who when told, cancelled the ticket
    faster than a blink of an eye

Data breaches are very serious so the hospital would be very
    silly to pass any info onwards
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 20th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    strawberries1
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    Please Critique My Appeal
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:18 PM
    Dear Sirs,

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by strawberries1; 21-06-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Edited to remove identifiable and non-compliant info.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 11:37 PM
    Why not use the template in the newbies FAQ?

That is tried and tested and unlike yours doesn't reveal who was driving
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Jun 17, 11:44 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Jun 17, 11:44 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 11:44 PM
    Absolutely do not say who was driving! That's why there is a generic template appeal in the NEWBIES thread.

This is Gemini and the easiest way to beat them at POPLA is to not say who was driving, and only appeal as registered keeper (who Gemini can't hold liable).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 21st Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 608 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    strawberries1
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 10:30 AM
    Thanks for your responses. I felt the paragraph about signs is not relevant as the charge was for no ticket. Also the hospital asked that I lodge the appeal with all of what I'd told them and then sent them a copy.

I'll lodge the appeal as per the template and then add on my full circumstances when I send the hospital Gemini's acknowledgement.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jun 17, 2:54 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep, and tell them they must NOT disclose your complaint to the agents, Gemini, since you have exercised your right to appeal as registered keeper and the driver is not to be divulged to the parking firm.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 22nd Jun 17, 11:39 AM
    • 608 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    strawberries1
    I didn't even warn them cos I realised if they had they'd be in breach of patient confidentiality and that would've openned up a can of worms they'll want buried asap!

Positive Update!

The Hospital cancelled it with Gemini.
    I've received confirmation emails from both, less than 24hours of lodging my appeal.

Thank you for your help and insisting on contacting the hospital.

If anyone else is considering contacting a hospital they've had a parking issue with please see the NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles Oct 2015 which is the latest one as at June 2017. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yay - great news and quite right too! Next thing is for the Hospital to kick out Gemini altogether.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Jun 17, 10:33 PM
    • 5,962 Posts
    • 7,684 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I didn't even warn them cos I realised if they had they'd be in breach of patient confidentiality and that would've openned up a can of worms they'll want buried asap!

Positive Update!

The Hospital cancelled it with Gemini.
    I've received confirmation emails from both, less than 24hours of lodging my appeal.

Thank you for your help and insisting on contacting the hospital.

If anyone else is considering contacting a hospital they've had a parking issue with please see the NHS patient, visitor and staff car parking principles Oct 2015 which is the latest one as at June 2017. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
    Originally posted by strawberries1
    Well done, hope you can help others with hospital problems

Normally we would say contact your MP but in this case Jeremy Hunt is the one who should clamp down on this scam, he knows all about it but does nothing.
    Maybe that is why in the house they change his surname using the letter "C"
    Why May kept him on is beyond words and can only be looked at as the continued stupidity by Theresa May

Don't ever believe that hospitals cannot cancel and you have proven this

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Jun 17, 10:50 PM
    • 14,573 Posts
    • 22,931 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Why May kept him on is beyond words and can only be looked at as the continued stupidity by Theresa May
    Do you honestly think anyone else would accept the (politically) poison chalice that is the NHS? More hot potatoes there than are sold across the nation by Spud U Like (an aside - are they still in business? - haven't heard/seen of them for ages!).

It's surely a total political cul-de-sac for our Jezza!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,478 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Must admit I don't consider Theresa or 'Jezza' to be 'ours' - both utterly crap, IMHO. But I'm not the most remotely interested 'political person' in the World.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Jun 17, 11:26 PM
    • 5,962 Posts
    • 7,684 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Do you honestly think anyone else would accept the (politically) poison chalice that is the NHS? More hot potatoes there than are sold across the nation by Spud U Like (an aside - are they still in business? - haven't heard/seen of them for ages!).

It's surely a total political cul-de-sac for our Jezza!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Yes, bring back Henry VIII so he can cut their heads off for treason

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin