Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FLora
    • By FLora 15th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FLora
    Private Parking - Court action
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:59 PM
    Private Parking - Court action 15th Jun 17 at 1:59 PM
    I am new to this Forum so apologies if it takes me a while to use it in the right way!! I am so angry with the situation I find myself in and want to be part of any group that tries to expose these guys. Surely, these private parking companies should be regulated by the Government!!

I have read previous threads regarding private parking invoices and have followed the advice given. However, I am now at the stage where its likely to be heard by the small claims court which is not a process I have been through before so would appreciate any advice. A little bit of history:-

- my car was parked on private land, a ticket purchased for all day parking (no adhesive on ticket) and the ticket was placed on the dashboard.
    - when the driver returned to the car at the end of the day a parking fine was on the windscreen and when the car door was opened the ticket was between the driver's seat and door. There is no knowledge of how the ticket became dislodged. According to the weather forecast there were high winds on that day and this car park is situated in an exposed area. Apart from that, there is no knowledge of how this has occurred.
    - As a ticket had been purchased, we didn't think it would be a problem, would just send a copy of the ticket to them which proved it had been paid for and the car registration was printed on the ticket so no problem!!
    - This was not the case and as the owner of the vehicle, I have been bombarded with letters ever since from their solicitors because they say that I am in breach by not displaying the ticket and now the matter has been taken to the small claims court. They have stated that they "intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers without the need for an oral hearing". I can see from previous threads that this is a standard letter.
    - We have replied stating that we are going reject this option and prefer to attend in person . How can anyone be held responsible for a freak incident. I have also asked for the name of the landowner as we intend to write to them also to express my disgust with all this.
    To add insult to injury, we have also found out that the appeal service used at the start (IAS) and the solicitors are the same guys!! Surely this is a conflict of interest!
    Being a professional person myself, I am amazed that there are people out there who show no realism or professionalism and are only out to rip people off of their hard earned money.
    Last edited by FLora; 15-06-2017 at 2:22 PM.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 31,495 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    The newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum has a whole section on dealing with a court claim as well as links to other sources of information

If you have not revealed who was driving in your contacts with them you need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Jun 17, 4:04 PM
    • 14,382 Posts
    • 17,927 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:04 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:04 PM
    if you have an MCOL from Northampton it needs acknowledging and defending , so read post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

this one is similar

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5663615

and yes we all agree its time the government did something about it , same as they should have done something more about fire safety in tower blocks !!!

its all words, no action
    Last edited by Redx; 15-06-2017 at 4:08 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 12:25 AM
    • 46,832 Posts
    • 60,140 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:25 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 12:25 AM
    Surely, these private parking companies should be regulated by the Government!! banned, the worst 'rape and pillager' offenders locked up, and someone should throw away the key.
    Corrected that for you.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 6,575 Posts
    • 5,516 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    It has been rumoured that parking weasels rock cars until tickets have been dislodged. I am sure you can find some proof if you search hard enough.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,965Posts Today

8,205Users online

Martin's Twitter