Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rangout
    • By rangout 15th Jun 17, 1:25 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rangout
    Jobseeker's money paid to closed account
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:25 PM
    Jobseeker's money paid to closed account 15th Jun 17 at 1:25 PM
    Hi

Does anyone know how to deal with this? My first Jobseeker's payment was paid into a closed account over a week ago. According to the Job Centre, it was "encashed" by the bank, but the Halifax are claiming they could not have received the money as the account was no longer open

The Job Centre have been able to give me the dates when the money was processed and then sent to the bank, so it looks OK from their side

How long do I need to wait until I can get the bank to investigate properly, or is there a team I can talk to and get this sorted quickly?
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 15th Jun 17, 1:45 PM
    • 10,586 Posts
    • 12,483 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:45 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:45 PM
    They should be investigating this now. It is likely that it is sitting in a 'suspense account'. Don't be fobbed off and ask to speak to the manager/supervisor.

Get back onto the bank and give them the details from the Job Centre so they can chase it.

Any problems give these people a call or use their web chat.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en#
    • rangout
    • By rangout 15th Jun 17, 1:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rangout
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:54 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:54 PM
    Thank, I'll give it a go

Problem is, the Job Centre would only give me a written list of what happened. The bank are definitely stalling though. They keep syaing there is no account but aren't looking any further
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 15th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 3,718 Posts
    • 3,788 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 5:08 PM
    Confirm with the JC that the account you are checking with your bank is the same one they made payment to. If the bank is saying the account doesn't exist then there must a mismatch somewhere. If the account doesn't exist the payment would have been rejected by the bank payment clearing system and DWP would be informed within about 3 working days.
    There is also a big difference between the bank saying the account is closed and that there is no account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,193Posts Today

9,616Users online

Martin's Twitter