Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmeals
    • By jmeals 15th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jmeals
    Is UKCPS an actual BPA member and should I ignore a parking charge notice?
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:51 AM
    Is UKCPS an actual BPA member and should I ignore a parking charge notice? 15th Jun 17 at 10:51 AM
    Hi all!

I received a lovely parking charge notice last week from UKCPS (which has not actually left damage on my windscreen with the sticky glue I cannot remove!).

I've read the 'Newbies' post and a few others on the the forum which perhaps may be a little out of date but I'm still a little confused and concerned about the ticket.

My first question is that in the newbies post it says to content the ticket within 25/26 days if the notice was from a someone that was a BPA member - the UKCPS site says they are but I don't particularly trust them and other posts have said they were banned by the DVLA?

My other question is, can I just ignore them? Or do I have to appeal in order to not pay? I'm a bit worried in that I've been meaning to update my address to the DVLA but haven't had a chance yet so if any letters about this go to my old address I won't be able to see them and act acordingly. I'm wondering if it's just easier to pay the £60 to avoid the hassle

Thanks in advance for your help and apologies if this is answered elsewhere!
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 3,741 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:04 AM
    The newbies thread is bang up to date, the advice is up to date unlike your records with the DVLA which will get you into a whole lot of trouble more than a stupid PPC get that sorted today.

No you should not ignore, you should follow the advice on here and do the appeal as stated.

Yes they are scammers and dodgy, but they are now members of the IPC, as shown on their website (see below) and are not banned now from obtaining details.

http://www.ukcps.net/

What was their alleged contravention?
    It's up to you what you do, but why donate money to rich lazy scammers to prop up their despicable greedy scam?
    Last edited by fisherjim; 15-06-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    • 14,982 Posts
    • 23,537 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:18 AM
    I'm a bit worried in that I've been meaning to update my address to the DVLA but haven't had a chance yet
    If you found out that you were subject to a possible fine of £1,000 for parking your car in a particular spot, I guess you'd find the time to remove it immediately!

Well that's what you face from the DVLA for not updating your details. You need to do it twice - one for your V5 (log book) and one for your driver's licence, there's no read-across - and you need to do it now!

But even updating the DVLA won't update UKCPS - they can only work from the address they procured from the DVLA at the time of your parking event. So in any communication you have with UKCPS, you inform them of your new address - in writing, otherwise you risk seeing nothing further from them, including court papers which could lead to a default judgment against you - and a trashing of your credit worthiness.

Have you not set up a Royal Mail redirect for up to 24 months? You really must consider this, especially with a PCN hanging over your head.

But none of the above means you should pay the daft PCN. Fight it as per the NEWBIES sticky.

My first question is that in the newbies post it says to content the ticket within 25/26 days if the notice was from a someone that was a BPA member - the UKCPS site says they are but I don't particularly trust them
    I can't see BPA mentioned on their website. Quite clearly their home page shows only the IPC logos.

http://www.ukcps.net
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 15-06-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 7,399 Posts
    • 7,558 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:22 AM
    moved from BPA to IPC on 18/11/2014

UKCPS were temporarily suspended by the IPC. They were banned on 13 October 2016 and reinstated on 20 December 2016. The DVLA forbade them from requesting keeper data for any tickets issued during this period.
    Last edited by pappa golf; 15-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 50,734 Posts
    • 64,152 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:59 PM
    My first question is that in the newbies post it says to content the ticket within 25/26 days if the notice was from a someone that was a BPA member - the UKCPS site says they are...
    No it doesn't?

http://www.ukcps.net/

Search the forum for 'UKCPS' to read more advice than you will ever get here on one thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,739Posts Today

8,064Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin