Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Loretta Haddow
    • By Loretta Haddow 15th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Loretta Haddow
    Fitbit issues
    • 15th Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    Fitbit issues 15th Jun 17 at 10:32 AM
    Hi. I have been having major problems with Fitbit and want to know if anyone else has experienced similar.

I was bought a Fitbit Flex2 for Christmas and by February started to notice my wrist ( which is arthritic) on the hand wearing the Fitbit getting much worse. I asked the question on the Fitbit Community Forum if anyone else was experiencing this and discovered it was a major problem across many of the Fitbit models. It seems that Amazon had recognised this issue and started giving people refunds however mine was purchased at Currys/PCWorld and they refused. I then took it up with Fitbit direct who agreed to the refund but are not admitting any liability. I sent the tracker back (Netherlands address) it took several weeks for them to acknowledge the return and on 29th April I finally received an email stating that I would get my refund in 5-7 weeks, ridiculously excessive in my view. The 7 weeks passed on Friday 9th June and I have since emailed them twice with no response. I have also posted my story on the Fitbit Community site.
    What do you think should be my next course of action. What are my rights here?

Any help appreciated
Page 1
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 15th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    • 18,648 Posts
    • 15,548 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:57 AM
    Hi. I have been having major problems with Fitbit and want to know if anyone else has experienced similar.

I was bought a Fitbit Flex2 for Christmas and by February started to notice my wrist ( which is arthritic) on the hand wearing the Fitbit getting much worse. I asked the question on the Fitbit Community Forum if anyone else was experiencing this and discovered it was a major problem across many of the Fitbit models. It seems that Amazon had recognised this issue and started giving people refunds however mine was purchased at Currys/PCWorld and they refused. I then took it up with Fitbit direct who agreed to the refund but are not admitting any liability. I sent the tracker back (Netherlands address) it took several weeks for them to acknowledge the return and on 29th April I finally received an email stating that I would get my refund in 5-7 weeks, ridiculously excessive in my view. The 7 weeks passed on Friday 9th June and I have since emailed them twice with no response. I have also posted my story on the Fitbit Community site.
    What do you think should be my next course of action. What are my rights here?

Any help appreciated
    Originally posted by Loretta Haddow
    As you had no contractual arrangement with Fitbit, I think you'll just have to wait for them to do what they have said they will do.

I don't think you can do any more than pester them, but two emails in three working days might be a bit excessive.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 15th Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:10 PM

I was bought a Fitbit Flex2 for Christmas
    What are my rights here?
    Simple you have no rights as you did not make the purchase
    • takman
    • By takman 15th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 2,483 Posts
    • 2,075 Thanks
    takman
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 1:11 PM
    How exactly is the Fitbit causing issues with your wrist?
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 15th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 3,055 Posts
    • 5,307 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    How strange, I have arthritic wrists myself and have no issues at all wearing a Fitbit (original flex and no a charge 2). I sometimes get a bruised feeling if I've fallen asleep on top of my wrist causing the strap or heart rate monitor to dig in but that's not a fault with the device, it would happen with anything on my wrist.

It's obviously not something that affects everyone so not a faulty unit, it's like the few people who get a skin reaction from wearing a fitness band, it's their skin that's faulty not the device.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

2,438Users online

Martin's Twitter