Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubb
    • By hubb 15th Jun 17, 9:54 AM
    • 1,803Posts
    • 358Thanks
    hubb
    How did someone use my Apple ID ?
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:54 AM
    How did someone use my Apple ID ? 15th Jun 17 at 9:54 AM
    I was emailed by Apple that someone with a strange username had signed into my account with an ipod (which I do not own) and that they were suspicious that it was fraudulent. It was so I went to my account (not via the email just incase) and changed my password. But my main concern is how did someone else get my email, and more importantly my password to sign into my account ? I checked the email was legit which it was as they addressed it to my name, not just "dear customer" or something like these scams use.
Page 2
    • hubb
    • By hubb 16th Jun 17, 2:26 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    hubb
    It came through on my gmail account which I retrieved on my ipad. My Gmail account is also hooked up to windows live.
    • raees94
    • By raees94 21st Jun 17, 3:17 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    raees94
    There are many hackers who can do this kind of !!!!. Change the password and you are done.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 21st Jun 17, 5:19 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Was sent by Gmail, they are only ISP using 10 subnet which is supposed to be for internal networks only, typical Google, think they can do what they want and mess things up for others.
    Originally posted by DavidP24
    No not gmail

https://whois.domaintools.com/10.84.218.141

Private Ip Address Lan

gmail dont use private IPS.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

380Posts Today

3,631Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin