Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 15th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    • 980Posts
    • 960Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    Clear score 'updates'
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:35 AM
    Clear score 'updates' 15th Jun 17 at 9:35 AM
    In between my monthly report I'm being sent emails telling me there is an update on my report. I log in and nothing has changed. Anyone else had this? I wonder if its a marketing thing to get you to log in more frequently and take up a credit card or loan?
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 15th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    • 494 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:48 AM
    They update the Score every month, along with updates to items like CC balances, loan balances etc. Aside from that, nothing much changes so I'm not sure why you're getting e-mails unless if something major has changed?

When you say nothing has changed, do you mean the score itself, or have you went into the Dashboard section and checked currently open accounts?
  • National Debtline
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:40 AM
    Hi Fireflyaway

Are the emails telling you your new monthly report is available? Or a separate email saying something has changed?

As StopIt mentions your credit report is updated each month with new payments and balances of your debts, and you will be sent an email to inform you when this is available to view. If you are receiving additional emails about further changes which are not apparent, contact Clearscore and ask them to explain it to you.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 15th Jun 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1,223 Posts
    • 1,501 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 11:47 AM
    In between my monthly report I'm being sent emails telling me there is an update on my report. I log in and nothing has changed. Anyone else had this? I wonder if its a marketing thing to get you to log in more frequently and take up a credit card or loan?
    Originally posted by Fireflyaway
    Yep, I get this too and they're definitely not notifications about monthly updates. Annoying.
    • Candyapple
    • By Candyapple 15th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    • 2,072 Posts
    • 1,604 Thanks
    Candyapple
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:23 PM
    Originally posted by Fireflyaway
    It's not a marketing thing, besides, even if you did log in more frequently, how exactly is that supposed to make you apply for a credit card/loan?

You are not looking at your report thoroughly enough. When you log in, click on 'Report'. Then click through to each sub-heading; 'Overview' 'Personal' 'Accounts' 'Corrections' 'Searches' until you find the new update. The new information will be highlighted in a blue box (see example of mine below) which is different from the green boxes.

So to reiterate - you need to scroll through the headers and look for the blue box, that is what will tell you what info has changed.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 15th Jun 17, 12:44 PM
    • 980 Posts
    • 960 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:44 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:44 PM
    It's not a marketing thing, besides, even if you did log in more frequently, how exactly is that supposed to make you apply for a credit card/loan?

You are not looking at your report thoroughly enough. When you log in, click on 'Report'. Then click through to each sub-heading; 'Overview' 'Personal' 'Accounts' 'Corrections' 'Searches' until you find the new update. The new information will be highlighted in a blue box (see example of mine below) which is different from the green boxes.

So to reiterate - you need to scroll through the headers and look for the blue box, that is what will tell you what info has changed.
    Originally posted by Candyapple
    Thanks candyapple you are right I did what you said and have now spotted the change!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,413Posts Today

8,099Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A year of fighting to break the link between mental illness and money problems... https://t.co/LXgjxdv36O

• Today's twitter poll: Is Conservative pact with DUP necessary for stable govt during the crucial Brexit time, or should it've stayed alone?

• RT @thisismoney: First cash machine was used 50 years ago today: 50 facts you never knew about ATMs https://t.co/nh5kqb5Ml5

• Follow Martin