Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • asmith6
    • By asmith6 15th Jun 17, 9:07 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    asmith6
    Travel Insurance for Babies
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:07 AM
    Travel Insurance for Babies 15th Jun 17 at 9:07 AM
    Hello All,

Would like a bit of advice please, I've done some searches but couldn't find a definitive answer.

My wife and 6 month old baby are going to visit some family in the States for 5 weeks and I'll be joining them for 2 weeks in the middle. Do we need to buy separate children specific travel insurance or would a good family policy cover it? Also, if we got an annual family policy would it matter that we weren't all travelling together all of the time?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    • 32,808 Posts
    • 16,839 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    Family policy will be fine

But check the policy wording to be sure individuals can travel individually (and not must always travel together)
    • ThinkingOutLoud
    • By ThinkingOutLoud 16th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 1,396 Posts
    • 1,301 Thanks
    ThinkingOutLoud
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    • 16th Jun 17, 7:30 AM
    Usually restrictions on an annual policy only apply to the children travelling with one of the insured adults.

As important is to check your maximum permitted trip duration. Many annual policies have a limit of 31 days per trip. Many have longer - often a difference with "gold" vs "silver" grades of policy.
    I am just thinking out loud - nothing I say should be relied upon!
    I do however reserve the right to be correct by accident.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin