Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 15th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Parking charge notice - parking eye
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    Parking charge notice - parking eye 15th Jun 17 at 12:57 AM
    Hi All,

I need some advice.

I have received a parking charge notice from parking eye for the 22nd May stating that a ticket was it purchased. It is advising that we must pay £100 charge which will be reduced to £60 if we pay within 14 days.

We did purchase a ticket and still have the ticket here. The picture of the car leaving the car park is before the expiry time on the ticket although one digit in the car registration was mis typed. It was evening and very dark at this time and so my husband honestly wouldn't have noticed the mistake.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

What would be the best way to contact parking eye to dispute this charge?

Thank you

Danielle
Page 2
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 5th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Good Afternon All,

I hav spent hours today ready and re reading so many threads trying to get my head around all the laws and regulations.

I have put together the my POPLA appeal and would appreciate any advice/guidance before I submit anything.

However, when I try to copy/paste or insert a drop box link I am not able to as a new user?

Thank you.

Danielle
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 5th Jul 17, 3:36 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Post your Drop Box link but change http to hxxp to "break" the link.

One of the regulars will convert the link for you.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 5th Jul 17, 3:47 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Link removed as requested
    Last edited by DollyDee; 12-07-2017 at 3:07 PM.
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 5th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Thanks for adjusting the link for me.

Please may some of you clever experienced members have a read for me and let me know what should be adjusted/added/removed if needs be. I really struggled this afternoon putting it together as this is a whole new experience for me and a world which I know nothing about therefore some guidance before submitting would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Danielle
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 6th Jul 17, 4:49 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Hi Danielle

Sorry but I'm not experienced enough really to advise on your draft POPLA appeal but I'll give your post a bump for the regulars to see.

Parkingeye are supposed to carry out 19 (?) checks to eliminate errors such as the driver's.

Your Point No.1 doesn't read correctly and needs amending to something like:

1) Parking at Southampton Town Quay is subject to Byelaws and is, therefore,
    non-relevant land according to POFA 2012.

and amend again further on where you expand on that point.
    Last edited by DollyDee; 06-07-2017 at 4:57 PM.
    • DollyDee
    • By DollyDee 8th Jul 17, 9:18 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 829 Thanks
    DollyDee
    Sorry if I annoy anyone but I'm bumping this as Danielle seems to have put a lot of effort in and just needs confirmation that it's OK to submit.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jul 17, 9:34 PM
    • 32,401 Posts
    • 16,490 Thanks
    Quentin
    Thank you.

The link is -

hxxps://www.dropbox.comxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    But obviously the hxxps should be https
    Originally posted by Danielleyil
    You need to remove this link which includes your full ID in the header

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts here against you.
    Last edited by Quentin; 12-07-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Jul 17, 10:49 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The POPLA appeal looks fine, and if there is nothing on the back of the PCN about 29 days/keeper liability under the POFA then you will win on that basis.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 12th Jul 17, 8:54 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Thank you. I have removed this particular message/link, is the link that dollydee posted for me ok for should I delete everything before submitting my appeal? Thanks again for your help.

Danielle
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 12th Jul 17, 8:59 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Thank you for your reply coupon mad.

Is there anything that you suggest I should include/remove to increase my chances of a win? Is it ok that I have added the scan of my actual ticket in there?

Dollydee mentioned that point 1 reads incorrect and umkomass has given a list of things to include, have I correctly covered everything? Does point 1 need to be changed?

So sorry for all the questions. The poplar deadline if fast approaching and I need to submit my appeal asap. I really appriciate all the help you are giving me.

Thanks

Danielle
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 32,401 Posts
    • 16,490 Thanks
    Quentin
    Thank you. I have removed this particular message/link, is the link that dollydee posted for me ok for should I delete everything before submitting my appeal? Thanks again for your help.

Danielle
    No. That link is a live version of the one you posted, complete with your full name in the header!

You need to try and PM dollydee to get her to delete it from #23
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 17, 2:46 PM
    • 48,883 Posts
    • 62,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Thank you for your reply coupon mad.

Is there anything that you suggest I should include/remove to increase my chances of a win? Is it ok that I have added the scan of my actual ticket in there?

Dollydee mentioned that point 1 reads incorrect and umkomass has given a list of things to include, have I correctly covered everything? Does point 1 need to be changed?

So sorry for all the questions. The poplar deadline if fast approaching and I need to submit my appeal asap. I really appreciate all the help you are giving me.
    It all looks fine.

Obviously don't delete anything from the actual version you are uploading to POPLA, and it is OK that you have included a scan of your ticket in your document.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 26th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Hi all,

I submitted my appeal a couple of weeks ago and when I track the appeal via POPLA it shows in progress at stage 2.

However l, I have just received an email from Parking Eye stating the below -

Dear Sir / Madam,
    We write further to your recent correspondence, which was received in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 22 May 2017 at 22:48, at Town Quay (Short Stay), Southampton car park.
    We can confirm that your letter has now been reviewed, however, we must inform you that your request for compensation is rejected. It is our position that there is no basis for such a payment to be made by ParkingEye.

I did not ask for compensation as far as I am aware so I am at a loss as to what this is about.

Has anyone else had such a letter mid way through POPLA appeal process?

Thank you
    • Redx
    • By Redx 26th Jul 17, 11:33 AM
    • 15,158 Posts
    • 19,101 Thanks
    Redx
    this is just them covering themselves against any legal "threats" you made in your original appeal to them - IGNORE IT

you did make these "threats" if you used the blue text appeal

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

so to say you didnt is not exactly truthful (everybody using that appeal does make those "threats")

and yes is the answer to your question, it gets sent out regularly when people say they may take punitive retaliatory action against PE if PE lose or dont uphold any appeal

IGNORE
    Last edited by Redx; 26-07-2017 at 1:28 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 26th Jul 17, 11:37 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Redx, thank you for the prompt reply and explanation. That makes perfect sense and I am a lot less baffled now.

I will do nothing and await popla's decision.

Thanks again

Danielle
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 4th Aug 17, 8:17 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Good evening all,

I received two emails today, one from Poplar advising -

Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

And another from parking eye with -

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 22 May 2017 at 22:48, at Town Quay (Short Stay), Southampton car park.
    We understand that receiving a Parking Charge Notice may be inconvenient, however, issuing Parking Charges for breaches of the parking terms and conditions at this car park is necessary to ensure a better overall parking experience for all users of the facilities.
    We can confirm that this Parking Charge has now been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due.
    To avoid potential future inconvenience, we would kindly request you follow the parking terms and conditions displayed on the signage throughout the car park.

I am thrilled to pieces and want to thank you all for your help and assistance.

Thanks again,

Danielle
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Aug 17, 9:02 PM
    • 14,018 Posts
    • 22,024 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Well done gal!

Have yourself a stress-free weekend. Red or white?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

973Posts Today

6,700Users online

Martin's Twitter