Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 15th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Parking charge notice - parking eye
    • 15th Jun 17, 12:57 AM
    Parking charge notice - parking eye 15th Jun 17 at 12:57 AM
    Hi All,

I need some advice.

I have received a parking charge notice from parking eye for the 22nd May stating that a ticket was it purchased. It is advising that we must pay £100 charge which will be reduced to £60 if we pay within 14 days.

We did purchase a ticket and still have the ticket here. The picture of the car leaving the car park is before the expiry time on the ticket although one digit in the car registration was mis typed. It was evening and very dark at this time and so my husband honestly wouldn't have noticed the mistake.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

What would be the best way to contact parking eye to dispute this charge?

Thank you

Danielle
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 15th Jun 17, 8:13 AM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 3,164 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:13 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 8:13 AM
    There are examples of this all over this forum, you have been trapped by anpr by a greedy company that do this all the time.

Read through the newbies thread to get started, it tells you what to do and what not to do.

Parking Eye are one of the nastiest of these Muppets in this unregulated industry.

Whatever you do don't name the driver, and don't phone anyone.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 15th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:12 AM
    Thank you for the advice. I will have a browse through again later today. I did have a look last night but whilst I could find lots of examples of similar experiences, I struggled to find anything in the newbie thread about what to do for this type of charge.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 46,935 Posts
    • 60,283 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    I struggled to find anything in the newbie thread about what to do for this type of charge.
    How so? The NEWBIES thread says use the appeal template (which is one-size-fits-all) and just add a line if you have anything relevant to attach, like a paid P&D ticket. Easy. They will cancel, add your ticket and this bit (below), and do the appeal in the same name as on the postal PCN.

one digit in the car registration was mis typed. It was evening and very dark at this time and so my husband honestly wouldn't have noticed the mistake.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 20th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:41 PM
    Good afternoon,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. I have been on holiday.

Is there an option to email parking eye rather than writing a letter?

Thank you
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 20th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 3:53 PM
    Can I please check, I have read and re read the newbies thread. Is this the right template I should be using for my appeal to parking eye?

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

And then I simply add in a line about having a valid ticket but because it was dark, a digit was mistyped and then the registration number wrong?

Thank you in advance

Danielle
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 14,430 Posts
    • 18,009 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 5:44 PM
    yes and no

the extra line should not give away the drivers details

so it should say something like

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you have obtained the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

ps:- the driver (who shall not be named) has informed me that a valid ticket was bought but due to it being night time and dark they appear to have mistyped the VRM and so if your much vaunted 19 point checks had been done you would have seen the close match at add the exact time and date from the ticket here

so this pcn should never have been issued and this will be brought up at POPLA and in court if this pcn is not cancelled forthwith

Yours faithfully,
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    • 46,935 Posts
    • 60,283 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    • 21st Jun 17, 12:31 AM
    Good afternoon,

Apologies for the delay in my reply. I have been on holiday.

Is there an option to email parking eye rather than writing a letter?

Thank you
    Originally posted by Danielleyil
    No-one tells you to ever, ever write a letter to POST to Parking Eye. Do not even try it, they might *lose* it.

You know how to appeal, the PCN tells you.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 22nd Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    • 22nd Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    • 22nd Jun 17, 5:45 PM
    Thank you.

So I appeal via their website and attach a scan of the ticket with the wording that RedX used?

Danielle
    • Redx
    • By Redx 22nd Jun 17, 5:52 PM
    • 14,430 Posts
    • 18,009 Thanks
    Redx
    yes, go to their website ASAP

choose KEEPER from the drop down box

copy and paste the template in

attach a copy or scan of the ticket

submit

it could not be simpler
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Danielleyil
    • By Danielleyil 23rd Jun 17, 5:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Danielleyil
    Thank you for your reply.

All done - fingers crossed! All I can do now is wait!

Thank you again for all your help, I will let you know the outcome.

Danielle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,086Posts Today

6,839Users online

Martin's Twitter